Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thcr 2023

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Lee View Post
    Right now we have 5 of the 9 cabins rented.
    Looking at pictures I think there's 11 units not counting the bunkhouse behind the office.

    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

    Comment


    • Capnrip
      Capnrip commented
      Editing a comment
      We were in 11 last year!

    #17
    Tyson called and left a message with Tracy/Cindy/MaryJane that I was definitely coming and wanted to definitely reserve a room for the 10, 11. 12 and 13 of April. Also left e-mail message. Will continue to follow up until wrapped up tightly.

    Comment


      #18
      Tyson and Cathy are "IN!" Confirmation today for Cabin #8 for April 10, 11, 12 and 13. I hope that this year our neighbors are better behaved!

      Comment


        #19
        Originally posted by 955i View Post
        I hope that this year our neighbors are better behaved!
        Good luck with that

        Lee
        Iowa
        2022 R1250RS White Sport

        Comment


        • Capnrip
          Capnrip commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what you did wrong there Joe. I saw a show on the San Diego Zoo just yesterday and that's the way they did it. Maybe it was just timing.

        • 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          Careful JJ, the big Silverback usually isn't far away from er.

        • justjoe
          justjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be Tim. Lee is more like a spider monkey. Very handsy that guy.

        #20
        Originally posted by Lee View Post
        Right now we have 8 of the 11 cabins rented.
        Tim and Susan
        Me and Deb
        Curt
        Gary
        Steve
        Mike Knox
        Tim Buyse
        Cathy and Tyson
        Wes and Elizabeth
        Mike (stxman4)
        Updated list
        Last edited by Lee; 11-28-2022, 09:02 AM.
        Lee
        Iowa
        2022 R1250RS White Sport

        Comment


        • Doctor350
          Doctor350 commented
          Editing a comment
          Calling Captain Ripley, can you get Stones Green Ginger Wine over there?

        • Capnrip
          Capnrip commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey JB. I've never seen it but I've never looked for it either. Wasn't my favorite. I have enough trouble speaking as it is.

        • Capnrip
          Capnrip commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like I can get it in my local area.

        #21
        Some misbehavin' at Chickin' Earl's 2022.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSCF3900.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	43922

        ain't skeered

        Comment


        • 955i
          955i commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to explain to my girlfriend that we couldn't just take these chickens. We'd get arrested.

        #22

        Comment


        • 955i
          955i commented
          Editing a comment
          We shall find out! Wouldn't want you to waste your meat.

        • Lee
          Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to hear you got a cabin Mike.

        #23
        I called and she said there's a grill at the gazebo.
        Last edited by Lee; 11-29-2022, 03:30 PM.
        Lee
        Iowa
        2022 R1250RS White Sport

        Comment


          #24
          Hi All,
          Late to the dance, but hopefully I'll get a room. Monday-Friday.
          Take Care,
          Robert
          Ride Safe, Think Fast,
          Robert

          Comment


          • cabnfvr
            cabnfvr commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good, see you in Texas!

          • 955i
            955i commented
            Editing a comment
            Captain, it will be good to see you there. With the retired ferry boat Captain there, too, Captains will out number "gentlemen" by a wide margin.

          • 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            So they're booked up?

          #25
          If all the cabins are taken the RV park across the highway rents out a Travel Trailer and Caboose.
          Tim and Susan had the caboose a couple years ago and it looked nice.

          Caboose $129
          https://pioneerriverresort.com/prr/caboose/

          Travel Trailer $119
          https://pioneerriverresort.com/prr/travel-trailer/

          There's also a guest house across the street. No idea how much it costs
          Miss Cathy's Guest House
          https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mi....0720683?hl=en

          https://www.hillcountryreferrals.com...uesthouse.html
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

          Comment


          • SeabeeCapt
            SeabeeCapt commented
            Editing a comment
            Lee, Thanks a ton. I call about the caboose or travel trailer.
            Robert

          • Capnrip
            Capnrip commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a few rentals in town. Some in places you wouldn't think of. Elizabeth and I had looked at one just up the hill from the Vaquero. I'll find the link a post it for you.

          • Capnrip
            Capnrip commented
            Editing a comment
            www.backroadstexas.net has a bunch of rentals in Bandera. Some from $105 but they're probably not right in town. I think the one we looked at was trails end hideaway or something like that. On the street right above the Vaquero. Said $150 but I didn't look up fees.

          #26
          The caboose was nice but the downside being it was across the road from Hooligan HQ.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSCF3227.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	45260

          ain't skeered

          Comment


          • 955i
            955i commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike, a cupola is not shown in this photo, because this caboose did not have one. The purpose is to let the conductor (or brakeman) observe the condition of the train. Brakes and axles at one time were prone to overheating, sparks, smoke, and flames were sometimes the result. This particular caboose uses bay windows to allow the completion of said tasks. Some railroad men preferred this arrangement for several reasons, including ease of use and the fact that the entire side of the train ahead could be seen. I don't know other reasons, but if I had some excess cash, I would earn brownie points and buy a caboose for my wive.

          • 955i
            955i commented
            Editing a comment
            Susan, I have wondered why things were so peaceful at THCR that year!

          • 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't notice the bay window until you pointed it out, but you are correct !

          #27
          Originally posted by 802mike
          So they're booked up?
          Mike when I check the site it looks like the Farmhouse suite is available Tuesday night.
          Nothing available Tuesday through Friday.
          Last edited by Lee; 01-13-2023, 05:06 PM.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

          Comment


          • 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Lee, not sure of my plans yet so I didn't want to reserve and then have to cancel.

          #28
          Hey, guys, it's only about two months away, now. Roster is ready. Cathy is ready. I'm ready. With new tires, the orange K1300S will be ready. I hope it warms up. I've been cold for the last 30 days and I'm tired of it. Sure, I could live farther north if I lost my mind, but this is cold enough.

          Comment


            #29
            Originally posted by 955i View Post
            Hey, guys, it's only about two months away, now. Roster is ready. Cathy is ready. I'm ready. .....
            I need to spoon on new tires but that's a warm day job. Other than that, we're ready!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_2469.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	46041

            Comment


            • Loggiebone
              Loggiebone commented
              Editing a comment
              Did your light bulb burn out????

            • 802Mike
              802Mike commented
              Editing a comment
              Those hills are steeper than they look here. I swear you could easily get some air coming off the top.

            #30
            It looks like THCR 2023 will be a no-show for me and Tim. Last Wednesday, he had a stress test due to on going tightness in his chest. He failed the test. Badly. The doc scheduled a catheterization the next day. They were back there less than10 minutes when the doc came back out, showed me the pix and said stents won't fix this. But it is fixable. Now we're looking at a bypass. Tim was admitted to the local hospital that evening and immediately placed on blood thinners and nitroglycerin, and scheduling for the next day began. Asheville was backlogged, couldn't go there but the local doc had recommended a colleague in Greenville, SC so that was where we wound up going on Friday afternoon as soon as a bed was available.
            The 4 hour procedure was done this morning, and he did great. The surgeon is a fantastic guy, all of the team were great. He told me to come home for rest because Tim was sleeping off the gas and was totally out of it, and would be moved to ICU, Post ICU, then home.
            It gets better. The week before the stress test, we had gone out of town and came back with COVID. After nearly 3 years of dodging the bastage, it finally found us. But both were mild cases, and my sense of smell and taste have pretty much returned.
            Anyway, please go have fun for us. We've got a bit of a plan to combine our Texas route with AHR so looking forward to rearranging some things.
            So how was your weekend?
            Last edited by Susan; 03-01-2023, 09:27 AM.
            ain't skeered

            Comment


            • EricM
              EricM commented
              Editing a comment

            • 955i
              955i commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for a good post on a bad deal. I love the happy ending, though.

            • Susan
              Susan commented
              Editing a comment
              When all settles down in good time, I'm scheduling a stress test. Given my paternal medical history it would be a wise thing to do. I had always been nervous of them because of my Dad's experience but alot of progress has been made since then. What is so bizarre is that we both aced our yearly Wellness checkups in January.
          Working...
          X