Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone done something like the MABDR 2 up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone done something like the MABDR 2 up?

    I'm really interested in doing portions of the MABDR with my wife, she's a trooper when it comes to touring and being a good pillion on my K16 BUT not sure yet how she's going to be on the GSA. Anyone have any 2 up experience on that particular trek?

    #2

    Comment


      #3
      If Rob and Joe can do it 2 up you two should be just fine.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
        If Rob and Joe can do it 2 up you two should be just fine.
        ?? yes indeed!

        Comment


          #5
          Joe and Rob 2 up? that image makes my head hurt. Plus, what would Lola say???

          Comment


            #6
            I should have known better!!

            You may find stuff like this:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	41E42F6C-70F8-4840-91C7-1CA5AEDFDB79_zpsphfjc1ed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	4219

            Click image for larger version

Name:	49DBC887-64AC-4E82-9F32-A7180C935B5C_zpsik9djuqq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	4220

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DAEB2508-A8EF-4910-B390-C9B4B33E93FA_zpsgnvft4bt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	4221

            Click image for larger version

Name:	762DF0F4-61C8-47B7-AF8A-0C61735D35EC_zpsog0fr1a9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	4222

            The main problem with these areas isn't that they are that "technical", but there is some slimy stuff along the way. And some of the gravel was a bit deep. These weren't the worst areas either. I didn't stop to take pictures of the worst because I just wanted to get through it. 90% or more was hard pack and paved I'd say.

            Comment


              #7
              Here's some of the better road surfaces.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	247A85A5-1E6B-4F40-B3E5-C85F7DF72E0A_zpspaddj0wu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	4224

              Click image for larger version

Name:	C160A728-2A09-45CE-858A-1043911BEAAD_zps6pqrunxo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	4225

              Fresh asphalt
              Click image for larger version

Name:	9CFF7DDF-7697-4006-9A70-C9A1AF95D0A4_zpsudddx3fr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	4226

              One could get some speed on this pseudo double track.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	4B992DCC-4FEC-4F4F-AD2D-5152578AE404_zpswnka5wxk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	4227

              Comment


                #8
                When Tim and I did Engineer Pass and Ophir Pass a few years back 2 up on the GS, I had to walk some of the more "challenging" sections. That may be the case here but it makes a great photo opportunity!
                ain't skeered

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Susan View Post
                  When Tim and I did Engineer Pass and Ophir Pass a few years back 2 up on the GS, I had to walk some of the more "challenging" sections. That may be the case here but it makes a great photo opportunity!
                  I would think that would suffice here as well. The length of the bad sections aren't great either, maybe a couple of hundred steps at most.

                  Comment


                    #10

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks folks, I think it looks like a great time, probably get some of it done once the youngest graduates college......crap, that's in a few weeks!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X