Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The important things in life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The important things in life

    My daughter has had some anxiety lately in regards to doing everything perfectly, including getting into the right college. Although she is still a sophomore, the demands she has placed upon herself are out of this world. We've had a few conversations over the last few weeks in regard to being able to slow down and relax when it's appropriate. On Monday I asked what her school schedule had in store for the week and realized that she had two classes that were going to be basically downtime, with the teacher either out of the office or focus on other students testing. Perfect!

    I took the time off work and checked Sarah out of class early. We had a bite to eat then jumped on the bike. We headed to the Foothills Parkway and then went to a few motorcycle dealers to look at motorcycles that she may want to ride. It was a great day. I took several pictures but this one is enough. Good times indeed!.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	55A5A920-B562-49F5-B45C-4746C2F17E39_zpsjmrhdmnh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	4406

    #2
    Nicely done Dad. Too much pressure on kids sometimes.

    Comment


      #3
      Way to go Joe. Teach her to ride, something she will always have all her life. Reminds me of that pic of you and Anjali on the same parkway.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by aviator View Post
        Way to go Joe. Teach her to ride, something she will always have all her life. Reminds me of that pic of you and Anjali on the same parkway.
        Anjali is such a wonderful young lady! I love talking to her.

        Comment


          #5
          Great pic Joe! These times with your daughter are the best times, they go by quickly that's for sure.
          Enjoy every minute

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by justjoe View Post

            Anjali is such a wonderful young lady! I love talking to her.
            Thanks! She has been selected at Vanderbilt for summer research and will be back in TN. I love that, can see her on the weekends, maybe.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by aviator View Post

              Thanks! She has been selected at Vanderbilt for summer research and will be back in TN. I love that, can see her on the weekends, maybe.
              That is exceptional! Just a short hop to get there. Sarah is considering Vanderbilt as a place to study.

              Comment


                #8
                Sarah is such a beautiful and intelligent young lady, and has so much going for her. Family support will get her through the bumps. Looks like you have that covered. Well done, Mom and Dad!
                ain't skeered

                Comment


                  #9
                  I gotta wonder...how in hell did your kids turn out so great with a goofball dad? Just kidding...of course. She sure looks a lot like you. And I know you are proud of both of them!?

                  That big grin reminds me of the grin you had at Hatfield McCoy with that dirt mustache. Priceless! Lol!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Good going dad!
                    You can take some pressure off of her and pay someone to get her into a good college I hear.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I last saw Sarah when she was a lil girl when Joe and family visited us at home. She has grown up into a beautiful young lady.
                      I am sure she is smart as hell and dont need no broker. Good kids these days know where they are going and have a better plan than us goofy idiots ever had.
                      Chattanooga, TN
                      Certified Hooligan.
                      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Plan...what the hell is a plan??

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by justjoe View Post
                          .... It was a great day. I took several pictures but this one is enough. Good times indeed!....
                          Excellent on you both!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
                            Plan...what the hell is a plan??
                            Doug, you would not know.
                            Chattanooga, TN
                            Certified Hooligan.
                            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

                            Comment


                              #15

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X