Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dad/Daughter ride

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dad/Daughter ride

    My daughter and I snuck off for a ride day yesterday. Just a few hours rambling down through some back roads along the Chesapeake for lunch and then back home the long way. No animals were harmed and no performance awards were, uh, awarded. High 70's, low humidity, perfect day.





    I left my GS in Idaho so today was a ride on my 2fiddy. It hadn't been ridden in a while and quit on me a couple of times on the way to the gas station. It was hesitating off idle a bit as well but I had a double dose of Sea Foam in the tank and after running the snot out of it for the first 20 miles or so it was back to normal operation.

    She heads off the college for her freshman year this coming week and it'll be the first time in over 38 years I haven't had a kid at home. Life is about to change. Dawn and I are planning things to keep us on the go so we don't have time to get depressed about it.
    Last edited by Pittsdriverwes; 08-23-2023, 09:34 AM.

    #2
    Nice Wes. You'll get over the no kid at home thing pretty quickly. Will give you and Dawn new found freedom.

    Comment


    • 955i
      955i commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Doc, there's way more to it than simply nudity!

    • Pittsdriverwes
      Pittsdriverwes commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear the empty nester thing to do is jello shots and running around the house nekkid.

    • justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      You old freaks need to simmer down.

    #3
    Great post Wes. I am enjoying the last few days of my daughter being home before starting year two of college. I may have to go to Boston more often this year. I miss having her around the house.

    Comment


      #4
      We got back Saturday afternoon from getting her moved in at William & Mary in Williamsburg. It could not have been easier - the move in thing that is. Driving away and leaving my last kid there left me with some heartache but I have some other empty nest friends who are determined to show me how to enjoy my new status.

      Comment


        #5
        Joe and Wes, you guys are big babies. Do what I did. I let Cathy handle all the crying. It was sufficient for us both.

        Comment


        • justjoe
          justjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Listen, we are mere mortals and not the heartless, shark-like animal that is an esquire.

        • 955i
          955i commented
          Editing a comment
          Joe, that was mean.and uncalled for.

        • justjoe
          justjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I could only aspire to such a lofty compliment...
      Working...
      X