Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday and Monday Day Rides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sunday and Monday Day Rides

    Got out today to burn off the gas I put in my bike the end of Oct 2024.
    I use Stabil, but fresh gas is even better and it felt good to get out for a ride.
    Weldon Iowa
    Old gas station
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weldon Old gas station.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	64732

    I should have taken a picture of main street. A gravel street in, a grass medium and a gravel street out.

    Old depot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weldon old Depot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	64733

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weldon old depot 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	64734

    Many years I worked on projects south of Weldon and passed within 2 miles of town but never drove through town.
    Weldon is east of hwy 69 between Osceola and Leon Iowa.

    Humeston Iowa
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Humseton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	64735

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Humeston Ia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	64736

    I was trying to burn off old gas but at 60 mph the darn 1250 was getting close to 59 mpg

    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

    #2
    Part 2 (not sure if part 1 is showing)
    I got Debbie's bike out yesterday. Arthritis has kept her off the bike.
    First stop was Freedom Rock north of Greenfield Iowa. I usually visit this each each year around Memorial Day to see the new paintings.
    A local artist paints the rock each year for Memorial Day. The Rock is 1.3 miles south of I-80.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Freedom Rock.jpg Views:	1 Size:	399.2 KB ID:	64738

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Freedom Rock 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	64739

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Freedom Rock 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	140.0 KB ID:	64740

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Freedom Rock 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.6 KB ID:	64741


    Greenfield Strong 5/21/24 refers to the EF4 tornado that hit Greenfield last year. Greenfield is 20 miles north of us.
    Four died and 35 injured. 153 home were damaged or destroyed.

    Next was the site of the first train robbery in the west. Two miles SW of Adair.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Near Adair first train robbery in west 1873.jpg Views:	1 Size:	203.6 KB ID:	64742

    Last stop was Bedford
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bedford.jpg Views:	1 Size:	309.8 KB ID:	64743

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bedford, Taylor Co courthouse.jpg Views:	1 Size:	204.6 KB ID:	64744

    Both days were mid to upper 80s F. Calm winds Sunday and 20 to 25 mph on Monday.
    Last edited by Lee; 06-03-2025, 11:04 AM.
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

    Comment


    • Martin_D
      Martin_D commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the round barn !
      Thanks for the pics and story Lee .

    #3
    I’m jealous Lee. I haven’t been able to ride for four years now. Planning to put my bikes up for sale soon so they can continue giving their new owners as much fun as I’ve had with them.
    Jim

    Comment


      #4
      Originally posted by jpel View Post
      I’m jealous Lee. I haven’t been able to ride for four years now. Planning to put my bikes up for sale soon so they can continue giving their new owners as much fun as I’ve had with them.
      Jim
      Darn, sorry to hear that.
      Lee
      Iowa
      2022 R1250RS White Sport

      Comment


        #5
        Lee, your photos make me want to ride back up to Iowa again. If I (we) do this summer, I'll call The Inn a few hours ahead of time to see if they have a room.

        Comment

        Working...
        X