Ride to Helen, GA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride to Helen, GA

So we came up with this thing. I mean a ride.
    JJ and I were in conference about where to go this weekend. Of course, it was always the Telico, and the Skyway. Naww!
    We entertained the possibility of him coming down south and we do the Wolf Penn Gap rd.
    So it happened. Today. And Doug was in on it too.
    My daughter was home for the weekend and she wanted to ride, its the most awesome thing a Dad can wish for.
    We did it.
    I will just let JJ get to the details. There will be.
    W e did eat at the International Cafe, them two had Reuben sammiches, my daughter and I had Brats.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Cool Mani! πŸ‘
    "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

What kind of ride report is this? It's like you don't even try. And there is a wonderful picture that you've already shared yet you won't post it here? WTF?

And you know if you are waiting on me to tell a lie...errr, make up a story, then I am going to have a few swipes at you!

Comment

Joe, I suck at taking pic when on a ride, and telling a "story" that you guys somehow concoct. Ill grab that pic from FB and post it here.
        Man! a dude cant even express himself here, the way he wants to.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.

Comment

LOL! Here is your picture already!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Anjali and Mani.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	9177

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
            LOL! Here is your picture already!

Thanks buddy. We should have taken more of the group with those hot chicks who were riding.
            Last edited by justjoe; 07-29-2019, 11:51 AM.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Since Mani has given me the go ahead, this is the true story of our ride yesterday! Mani said something about a make up ride since we missed each other a few weeks back. He also mentioned that he didn't care to ride the Cherohala and Dragon since that is so close to us and one of the usual rides for both of us. Seeing how I owed Doug some money for being my friend (I actually bought some oil change kits for the KTM from him), I got Doug involved and we decided to head south to North Georgia.

I wanted to get home at a decent time, I had to leave early and let me just say that Mani likes to sleep in and is usually running late. So I sent him a list of times and locations that I would be during the day and let Mani choose which one to meet us. I headed out from my place at 7am and got to the first destination, Ducktown, TN by 8:45 where I got some fuel and drank a cup of coffee.

Click image for larger version  Name:	63429E49-30C0-4A6A-961D-772B7B866446_zpsur9b0yhr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	9184

It was kind of chilly when I left, in the 60's, but super nice. As the day wore on it became much warmer. The cup of coffee in Ducktown was perfect to warm me up! Jumping on the road, my next destination was Two Wheels of Suches where I was meeting Doug at 10:30. I got into Suches around 10:15, got fuel, another cup of coffee and a biscuit and Doug shows up 10 minutes early. Great timing. I felt like a hobbit since this was my second breakfast of the morning. The first was eaten at 5 am.

Click image for larger version  Name:	31CFBCE9-AC47-421C-91B7-18E37E39E979_zpsog05egbz.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	9185

But lo and behold, as 10:30 hits, Mani and his wonderful daughter come rolling in! We chatted for a few minutes, then started to head out when these two bikes caught my attention! Really nice bikes!

Click image for larger version  Name:	189A8BEB-F2D1-471B-8B8B-762FBB9C22AA_zpsolzfx22y.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.9 KB ID:	9186

Click image for larger version  Name:	3BD8ED7B-3118-47F1-935E-F13680DD98FD_zpsrfv0wcpa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	9187

We ran GA180 (Wolf Pen Gap Rd) and then got on Richard Russell Parkway. This led us to Helen, GA where the above picture of Mani and Anjali were taken. The International sits across the river from the Troll. Doug and I had Rueben sandwiches which were simply awesome.

The Troll (The Castle Inn)

Click image for larger version  Name:	AE2A411F-1ABA-4301-8BB1-0285F1257153_zpsvfev6ijo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	9188

The bikes
              Click image for larger version  Name:	9FECA01B-D2A9-412E-8F41-4E90534DAEEE_zpsrgvaztvm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	193.8 KB ID:	9189

After lunch, I had a three hour ride home and I wanted to get there by 4pm. Instead, I took a little detour and rode the Dragon on the way home instead of going home directly. This put me behind by about thirty minutes but it was definitely worth it. The Tuono loves the twisties. One of the things I really need to invest in for this bike is a radar detector. I passed two cops on the Dragon (posted 30 mph speed limit) the first at 75 mph (he had a car pulled over) and the next one at 57 mph. That guy let me go without even a second look.

Anyway, got home around 4:30 and spent time with my honey. Drank a bottle of wine, snuggled. You know, the good stuff. I will tell you that I am definitely loving the Tuono and getting a good day's ride is not too shabby. I have my gear sorted for the track, and this week I will have the rest of the bike modifications made and that will be it. I might put new tires on, or maybe I'll just buy a set and wait. But that is about it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B6D6B802-11D0-40AD-9C39-2FFE33503991_zpszad7dcmz.jpg Views:	1 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	9190
              Last edited by justjoe; 07-29-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

See, you can do it so much better. Good job, brother.
                Chattanooga, TN
                Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
                  I got into Suches around 10:15, got fuel, another cup of coffee and a biscuit and Doug shows up 10 minutes early. Great timing. I felt like a hobbit since this was my second breakfast of the morning.
                  You're too big to be a Hobbit!

Great report Joe! I guess with Mani showing up late & Doug showing up early, everything kind of evens out! 😬

"Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

Who was late? He just has a shitty watch.
                    Chattanooga, TN
                    Certified Hooligan.

Comment

A couple more tidbits: Mani’s daughter is a sweet gal but with questionable judgement...riding pillion with Mani. Joe did give me some money but was to pay me for agreeing to ride with him and lastly, Joes doing great in his new bike which is great looking and sounding!

And lastly, the 100 pound lighter JJ is looking pretty darn spify πŸ‘. Well one last thing...Mani what a pitiful ride report!πŸ˜πŸ‘

And ad edit: It really was fun riding with you guys and Angeli (sp). Haven’t seen y’all in a while. 😁
                      Last edited by Loggiebone; 07-30-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
                        Who was late? He just has a shitty watch.
                        While Mani is perpetually late, he did make it to TWoS on time. Surprisingly. He did blame a bit of it on Anjali though.

Comment

Muthas, this is MY thread. Go f yourselves.
                          Chattanooga, TN
                          Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Working...
                          X