Recommendations for Quebec trip, July 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for Quebec trip, July 2020

I wouldn't really consider it "International" but I am leaving the country.
    The wife and I are slabbing it from Delaware to Eastern Canada for 8 days in July. We'll be starting in Quebec and travelling to Montreal and Toronto. I've been to Quebec but it's been 42 years ago! I've also been to Montreal several times but never on a bike.
    We'll be on the K16GT so no dirt, looking for sights to see, good roads to ride and what to avoid. Food, beer etc also

Also, parking is always an issue in these cities. Is there somewhere to go to get parking "passes" from the city?
    We're staying in rentals we rented from Airbnb

We have some esteemed members up that way who probably could tell you anything you need to know!

Comment

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Esteemed? Who? Not that I don't believe you but....

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be Louis and Eric.

Where are the rentals?
    For myself, I'd go east instead though.
    Got a spare room here in VT if you need it. Not the Ritz.
    Last edited by 802Mike; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Hi John ,

First of all , 8 days to go to these three places seems a little short to me , as there is some distance between them if you don't go the slabbing way ...

Do you plan on visiting the cities , or more likely enjoy the ride between them ?

In Québec City I suggest you get in touch with Boissinot , he's a member here , he lived there all his life so he's the expert . If you want to ride out of the city , I suggest you go on the north shore of the river ,Hwy 138 , to go to the Charlevoix region , and the small town of Baie St-Paul ( approx 1h15mn ).

From Québec City to Montréal you could take either hwy 138 on the north shore of the St-Lawrence , or hwy 132 on the south shore . Both give you some views on the river and little traffic , and you would be going through Québec's oldest villages . A little bit more suburb on 138 when getting close to Montréal thought .

In Montréal , I suggest you call me , and I'll help you the best that I can . I live 5-6 subway stations from downtown Montréal , and I've got room in my garage if you want to park your bike there , absolutely free ...

If you want to ride outside of Montréal , well the expert is EricM , as he lives near the Laurentians region and its curvy roads .

I've never been to Toronto other than on the slab , and that was in the seventies , so no help from me here .

Anyway , if you have any questions , don't hesitate and ask , I'll be pleased to help you if I can .

Cheers !

Comment

I agree with Marteeeen, 8 days is on the short side.

Would be glad to show you some good roads north of Montreal but I am in Colorado first two weeks of July. If your trip is in the tail end of July ring me, space is tight in the garage but we can make room and we do have a guest room if you need a place to stay for a couple of nights. Don't forget your passports and leave guns at home.

Comment

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          Jonnybow has left the building.

Thanks for the replies guys. I would agree that 8 days is very short for these cities but that's the best i can do and the wife wants to go see Eastern Canada and part of it has to be Toronto simply because I want to see the Hockey HOF.
        Yes, we want to see a little of each city but riding will be the top priority. So far, I have only booked the room in Quebec, the other cities aren't booked yet so things could change a bit.
        The plan is to stay in St. Albans Vt the first night then travel to Quebec 11-13 July. Then off to Montreal from 13-16 and finally Toronto 16-18 and then an overnight at a buddy's house on 19 July then slab home.

Comment

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm an hour south of Sa-noblins
          Unless you're hell-bent on taking the slab, I'd cross into Canada near Troy, VT. Probably as fast and
          better scenery.
      Working...
      X