Fools Spring opener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fools Spring opener

The first weekend of June in Washington the Fools set up a ride. This year we headed out from the NW to Prineville, Oregon. Hit the usual crap leaving Washington. But the joy started 8 miles into Oregon when we cut off into a small town called Wasco. This puts you on Hwy 19 headed south. Serious MC riding. Respect towns and farm areas. But you can ride. Turn off from Fossil to Antelope and you will think you have gone to heaven on a motorcycle. In Prineville, not much of a large town we staid in the Rustlers Inn. Clean enough and Mex food or Chinese within feet. But leave town on Hwy 380 to join up with 395 and you have hit a road to enjoy. 100 miles of high desert farm area, go as fast as you like. When you hit 395 turn left to John Day. There stop for food at the Squeeze in, left at the town stop light about 5 blocks. Then head east. Take the road to Sumpter but turn off and go to Baker city. WOW. Drive through town on main path, get on freeway go one exit NORTH. Go towards Richmond, but keep going all the way to the to the river and cross at Oxbow. Then find your way up to Riggins and stay at the Riggins Motel. Looks shabby but the lady that owns it is great and the rooms are very clean and up dated. Get up early and head north on 95 at a clip that is fun and lets you look at the river a bit. When you get to White Bird get ready for 90 mph sweepers. Oh so great. Cross the pass and dial back, LEO on the other side. Another day after this up to Republic, wa. but it all is great.

Sounds great Beech, would love to ride out that way one day. Did by chance anyone have a phone with a camera in it? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
    BTW, photos are easy to load on this site.

Comment

Pics would have been nice. I am sure it was like heaven.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Great little trip Beech. I have ridden some in eastern Oregon on my way back and forth to the rally in John Day and I can attest to the smooth roads in that open country. Especially fond on 395, fantastic! Very little worry about deer as that country is so wide open. Really looking forward to getting out there at the end of the month.

Comment

I didn't take pictures, rats. Generally not my thing but now that I see how easy it is to add photos I'll take some in the future. Al is the gun camera operator. I'll see if he has any. I always say the best riding in Washington is in Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Capnrip View Post
            BTW, photos are easy to load on this site.
            can it be done with an iPad?

Comment

Don't know John. I don't use my I pad for storing any photos. It's butt easy on a pc though.

Comment

Working...
              X