Donations to the site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donations to the site

I would like to take a moment to discuss site financial information. I did not create this site as a method to generate income for me personally. With that in mind, I would like to at least recoup some of my costs and provide for the future of the site. I do not want anyone to feel pressured into donating, and I will not make a special class of user for those who have donated or will donate. It is up to you. I do appreciate your donations though!

To donate, you can go to the navigation bar near the top of the site or you can click on this link: https://theriderspace.com/donations

Thank YOU for all of your work this week. So much done in such a short time. Ride ON Yogi MF'er!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tuxdu View Post
      Thank YOU for all of your work this week. So much done in such a short time. Ride ON Yogi MF'er!!!!
      Thanks Dale. I am somewhat motivated! Lol!

Comment

If you need more to do you can come and fix my glass and trim my bushes...

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
          If you need more to do you can come and fix my glass and trim my bushes...
          I've got a chainsaw and a hammer. And I know how to use caulking and paint! And I'm not into that freaky stuff, you have to trim your own bush.

Comment

I donated 50 cents
            Lee
            Iowa
            2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
              I donated 50 cents
              About what this comment is worth! LOL! GFYYFF!

Comment

Hey All, I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has donated. It definitely helps and I do appreciate it. As of today, I had spent roughly $507 dollars on the vbulletin software, domain name registration, server hosting, and consulting fees. Yesterday I used the donations to make myself whole again and took $500 dollars from the site account. So thanks for taking care of that.

Going forward, some plans for the site which will require some cash.
                1. New logo - The front page has a bunch of motorcycle logos and a few pictures. It was never my intention to leave that there but to use it as a placeholder until a logo is created. Wes has kindly sent a great idea that I am going to use as a starting point. It will allow for some individual modifications and will look great on t-shirts and stickers in the future. The motorcycle logos will be replaced with that and I am considering a scrolling display of pictures. I still haven't decided exactly how the slideshow will work.
                2. Consulting fee - Site maintenance. I am going to have to hire a consultant to do things to the site that I just don't know how to do yet. The slideshow mentioned in the first point is one (if I go that route).
                3. Consulting fee - marketing. I'm still kicking around ideas for the main focus of this site. My initial idea was to have a place for riders, regardless of motorcycle brand or preferred style of riding, to congregate and shoot the breeze online in a non-hostile, non-political environment. That is still my desire but I am unsure of how to market the site to the general public. Part of the marketing assistance I will seek is what is known as SEO or search engine optimization. Basically, when someone does a google search on "great ride reports" the response will be to this site.

Those are the things I'm thinking about right now. I vacillate on whether I want to grow the site to 1000's of users or to just keep it small and intimate. While the selfish part of me says keep it small (easier to maintain, cheaper to host, etc), I also want to grow the site into a viable and thriving online community of users. I'm glad that you all are here to bounce ideas off of because I value your opinions so please speak up and let me know what you think.

Thanks again to everyone who donated.

Comment

Quote From Joe: “Those are the things I'm thinking about right now. I vacillate on whether I want to grow the site to 1000's of users or to just keep it small and intimate. While the selfish part of me says keep it small (easier to maintain, cheaper to host, etc), I also want to grow the site into a viable and thriving online community of users. I'm glad that you all are here to bounce ideas off of because I value your opinions so please speak up and let me know what you think.”

I’m always checking out who is online and how many Guest Lurkers are hanging around out there, they appear to outnumber the members quite often. We refugees who have escaped the repressionist Blog Society know what this site is all about. These outsiders should join up and know this site is always a kinder gentler place to visit. Interestingly the technical input is minimal and gladly the haters who want BMW to give them a new bike on a 10,000 mile warranty for a dirty air filter don’t exist.

My own personal pent-up rage dissolves whenever I log in. I have been released from my bonds! Noticing changes in the site is a good thing. I don’t donate to receive a free sticker nor do I donate to have Joe’s personal appreciation... actually I don’t know much. whaaaat?

I guess what I do know is I can match a few faces to the site members from a good rally and I can log out with no visible hemorrhaging or brain damage. The Guests should take the leap and join in. The site will take on its own personality and it shall be what it shall be.

Proud to donate.

Cut with a curse sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul, damned is your life!

Comment

Woo hoo! I’m happy to finally be able to agree with you about something. Guess you’re not so bad after all!👍👏

Comment

Is there a military discount? Asking for a friend.
                      Chattanooga, TN
                      Certified Hooligan.
                      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

I know nothing about what it takes to run a site like this and assume it takes
                        more than pocket change and a spare evening. I can donate freely without
                        constant badgering like some other sites.

We don't need free stuff, special COLORS or a thread recognizing who has
                        given. I'll pay for a sticker that's slightly larger than three inches in diameter.

Never felt less pressured and more willing to donate to a forum than this one.

Thanks Joe for putting this together.

Comment

Hi Joe,
                          Thanks for all you are doing and the efforts put in to create friendships and promote harmony amongst 2-wheel enthusiasts!
                          Hope this donation helps. No, I do not need anything in return. Maybe see you soon at VIR or Barber, and yes I give away
                          track knowledge for free.
                          Thank You,
                          Sultan

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan View Post
                            Hi Joe,
                            Thanks for all you are doing and the efforts put in to create friendships and promote harmony amongst 2-wheel enthusiasts!
                            Hope this donation helps. No, I do not need anything in return. Maybe see you soon at VIR or Barber, and yes I give away
                            track knowledge for free.
                            Thank You,
                            Sultan
                            Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words and yes, I hope to see you out and about, maybe even at a trackday. I am super close to Barber and if I run that track I will rub MattB's nose in it!

Comment

How much with the AARP discount?

Comment

Working...
                              X