Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Panniers for R1200GSA (air cooled 2013 with LH exhaust)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Panniers for R1200GSA (air cooled 2013 with LH exhaust)

Probably a tough find BUT asking anyway. Looking for a used set of panniers for my 2013 R1200GSA, it's air cooled and has Left side exhaust.

Internet BMW Riders Marketplace

(edit) WOW!!! I just looked there, That site isn't what it used to be. Hardly anything listed now.
    Last edited by 802Mike; 02-08-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I saw a link somebody posted on ADV Rider to Brooks Autosports and they have all their racks & panniers on sale with a pretty good discount. I'm tempted to get a set of aluminum cases for the 1150GS. Their pannier sets include everything, including the rack & mounts. Thinking I might just get the rack setup & then going Mosko Moto for the bags.

Decisions, decisions...
      Last edited by McFly; 02-19-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I went with an SW motech rack with Nanuk bags mounted with caribou mounts and locks. Much less expensive than the bags offered by the mother ship. And thé Nanuk bags have a lifetime warranty.
        Last edited by EricM; 02-09-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
          Internet BMW Riders Marketplace

(edit) WOW!!! I just looked there, That site isn't what it used to be. Hardly anything listed now.
          And most of it's in the wrong section.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2016 R1200RS

Comment

So......against the advice of my friend Joe, I opted for soft luggage. Went with the Nelson-Rigg SE-3050-BLK Black Sierra Dry Saddlebag Set
            I'm going to fabricate a heat shield to go over the left side rack so the exhaust won't melt the bag. Maybe someday I'll but a set of aluminum panniers but until then, I'll see how these work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybow View Post
              So......against the advice of my friend Joe, I opted for soft luggage. Went with the Nelson-Rigg SE-3050-BLK Black Sierra Dry Saddlebag Set
              I'm going to fabricate a heat shield to go over the left side rack so the exhaust won't melt the bag. Maybe someday I'll but a set of aluminum panniers but until then, I'll see how these work out.
              Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybow View Post
                I opted for soft luggage. Went with the Nelson-Rigg SE-3050-BLK Black Sierra Dry Saddlebag Set
                Dayum, I thought that I was impatient, but you've set a new benchmark. Placing a wanted ad and three days later announcing you opted for soft luggage.

I hope that the soft luggage works out for you, I was going to suggest starting the thread title with "WANTED" so that folks knew that you were looking for them and not talking about them.
                Matt
                Street: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 49k ... round 2 - Welcome Back to a Long Lost Friend
                Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

I'm not one to wait around......

Comment

Working...
                  X