Sena 20S EVO replaced under warranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sena 20S EVO replaced under warranty

I bought a Sena 20S EVO in May this year and used it in Canada and another trip to Wisconsin. It worked great until the 2nd day of the Wisconsin Trip.

I had hooked it to the 12V Charger cord during the Saturday morning section of the Day Ride and then we stopped in Cassville WI for Gas before boarding the Cassville Ferry to Iowa. While gassing up I didn't disconnect from the Charger Cord. This put some stress on the Sena USB Port as I moved about the Gas Pump and had some strange consequences:

1. I could hear my Friends but they could no longer hear me.
    2. My voice commands were ignored.
    3. I suspect the Microphone went bad.

So I disconnected the Charger Cord and turned it off. Later I tried it again and all was back to normal...hmmm. So I put the Charger back on and promptly lost the Microphone again so that no one heard me and voice commands were ignored.

When I got home I tried connecting my 20S EVO to my PC to run the Sena Bluetooth Device Manager software but it wouldn't connect.

I then contacted Sena Warranty and explained the above to them. To make a long story short they sent me a new one. Very happy with Sena product support.
    '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

As a guy that just purchased a Dual 30k setup, this makes me very happy to hear that they stood by their product.
    Matt
    Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
    Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Dirt: Honda CRF450X
    IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Yes, they are good folks. I keep losing that lil rubber tab that covers the USB port and had to send the 10C back to them for replacing it. Apparently it has to be disassembled to install. They send me a new unit in a full retail packaging.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by R111S View Post
        I then contacted Sena Warranty and explained the above to them. To make a long story short they sent me a new one. Very happy with Sena product support.
        Please elaborate. I am at well over a week now with a support ticket full of repeated troubleshooting requests all followed by a request to reply and indicate understanding, and have finally received an RMA# to return a dead SMH-10 at my expense. It seems at some point following their receipt of my return they may ship a replacement. Not happy at all so far.

Comment

• R111S
          R111S commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Mike, yes it does take some time, and it seems they're dragging their feet with a bunch of emails, but be patient and hopefully it all works out.
      Working...
      X