Inflatable vests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflatable vests

I have to choose my words carefully here. Has anyone purchased one of these eg Helite or other? If so are they as comfortable as advertised? I wanted to say ".........has anyone tried these?'..........They aren't cheap, but better than the alternative. Theres a few brands out there now.

BruceV has specific knowledge about these vests. I think he spent some time researching them.

Comment

I tried em on, the Helite, at the MOA at lebanon, TN. Somehow I was not comfortable in any sizes that they make. And the fact that wearing it over my Klim BL completely obstructed any ventilation in the front and back. I can say I would NOT use it in summer, when we ride the most. I did not buy.
      They were pushin, even agreed for a hefty military discount on the spot. Told them I needed to chew on it before I commit. Went back the next day and they even got the size they thought I needed, but something said it was not the time for me. Maybe a newer version would work.
      My advise, go try em on before you buy. This is something you commit to and wear ALL the time.
      Last edited by aviator; 01-17-2021, 07:53 PM.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

I've been wearing Helite's Turtle vest for about four years now. The evidence is clear that they do provide another level of protection in case of a get--off. I wear it all the time except when the temperatures pushes 90 degrees. When it's cold out the vest provides another layer of wind protection. An advantage of the vest compared to a airbag jacket is that the vest can be worn over any jacket. I've gotten so used to it that it feels strange not to have it on.

Comment

Black Friday Deal:
          https://www.advdesigns.com/aiaiprveb...124BlackFriday

Comment

Thanks 802Mike. I guess AI is a concept is becoming more and more common in our lives. I have to check the FAQs again to see if when one is out of cel range, how does that affect the AI function, if at all.Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
            X