Anybody buy any gear recently?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody buy any gear recently?

I've got a buddy looking for new gear Gondul . I gave my opinion and talked about my latest acquisitions. What about you? Got anything that you would never do without or have bought over and over again?

Most of you guys know my love affair with Motoport. And I've started wearing Klim recently which is also great gear. But I do want to talk about a new helmet that I just bought. I have been wearing Shoei's RF1200 for many years now, since they first were introduced. But I just recently bought a Neotec II. I had an old Bell modular that was just, really noisy and not put together well. I had looked at the Schuberth helmets and they just don't fit my head. While looking to replace my latest RF1200, I decided to take the plunge and get the Neotec.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shoei_neotec2_excursion_helmet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	6150
    As with most of Shoei's premium helmets, the fit and finish are top notch. The lining is very comfortable, almost plush. While I have never been a fan of a matte finish, this was actually very nice. Nothing can be said negatively about the quality of the helmet. The chin bar's operation is smooth and easy to use and so is the internal sun visor, even with gloves on.

So I took it for a test ride. The single most impressive feature for me is the noise. Or rather, the lack of it. This is probably the quietest helmet I have ever owned. I'm not sure how they did it, maybe it was the fact that I can leave the chin curtain in place and get my fat head into the bucket when the bar is up, or maybe they have figure some dark magic, but it is awesome. So much so that I am actually considering getting the integrated Sena SRL2 communicator. I didn't choose to purchase that at the time because I use earbuds that connect to my Sena 20 with the 3.5mm stereo port but I think I might be able to hear well enough with the internal speakers. Shoei did a great job here.

The topper, I found a bargain from a company online that I had never purchased from previously. I contacted Revzilla and they price match so I saved $200! I love Revzilla! I would highly recommend this helmet if you are looking for a top end modular helmet.

Pros: Superior quietness, fit and finish, smooth operation of all components.
    Cons: Pricey, it is an expensive lid

Alright, hook a brother up with something that you wouldn't do without. Gloves, jackets, pants, armor, helmets. What are your favorites?

I'm a big Shoei fan too... nice helmet JJ
    "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

So is BMJ.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

I’ve got an original (I think) Neotech and it’s great. Had it painted since the originals didn’t have graphics. Yours is really sharp!

ive had Schuberth’s through the years and if they fit, you can’t beat ‘em. $$ tho...
        Last edited by Loggiebone; 06-08-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Anybody have experience with Held gloves?

Comment

• ZATO
            ZATO commented
            Editing a comment
            Two pair. The best fit ever and pure quality.

• Susan
            Susan commented
            Editing a comment
            If an opinion from me is worth .02 here, I really like mine. :-)

• LurkingCharlie
            LurkingCharlie commented
            Editing a comment
            Love mine! Recently bought my second pair.

Yes. Track/racing gloves are great. A couple of years back quality got iffy because of ownership manufacturing changes. My last road gloves are Rukka and they are the best I’ve ever had. If just looking, might give ‘em a peek.

Comment

JJ for what it is worth, try a pair of the Klim goretex gloves and a pair of the induction ventilated summer gloves. Cant beat them for the price. At that price, they do not have to last "forever". Very comfy once they break in and solid protection.
            I have the Quest Goretex, Induction and the Inversion "gore windproof" glove for winter or dual sport. All short. Amazing!
            I am sure they will be at the National, we can stop and check em out.
            Last edited by aviator; 06-08-2019, 08:20 PM.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.

Comment

That's a nice looking helmet Joe. Personally I've always liked a matte finish, doesn't stand out and when cops catch up with you at a gas station they're not really sure it was you. Have an old AGV modular and wore it the other day when I was doing motorcycle support for a bike ride. Sure makes it easier to talk to folks.

Comment

Got two Klim Blade jackets, one gray and one black.I like the Gore-tex on the outside. Still wear BMW airflowpants and jacket and BMW comfort shell when rainy. Got a collection of gloves, favorite ones Held. Schuberth C3 Pro, though when first C4 came out I sold it as quickly as possible cause it was cheap quality and noisy as hell. Schuberth must have seen that cause they discontinued them asap. Just ordered C4 Pro carbon just to get the wider visor.

Comment

Klim is real good chit !

Comment

SBK12rs, you were not there that day, but I had a nasty get off around the Dragon. Nasty. Cracked the schuberth, bike and me went cartwheeling. Not a scratch on me, nothing. No pain. Did not even take a single motrin. Rode the rest of the day. Klim Gear, not even a scratch on it after a wash.
                    I will be and am a Klim fanboy. Others have no first hand experience with gear like rukka or foreign stuff. Not me. Id rather support a classy US company even though they make their stuff around the world.
                    Chattanooga, TN
                    Certified Hooligan.

Comment

I’ve got first hand experience with Rukka gloves as I said earlier, no crash experience with them but I’ve got more than a little experience with equipment so I know great from good, etc. Klim, top notch for sure but so is Rukka.

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
                        I've got a buddy looking for new gear Gondul . I gave my opinion and talked about my latest acquisitions. What about you? Got anything that you would never do without or have bought over and over again?

Most of you guys know my love affair with Motoport. And I've started wearing Klim recently which is also great gear. But I do want to talk about a new helmet that I just bought. I have been wearing Shoei's RF1200 for many years now, since they first were introduced. But I just recently bought a Neotec II. I had an old Bell modular that was just, really noisy and not put together well. I had looked at the Schuberth helmets and they just don't fit my head. While looking to replace my latest RF1200, I decided to take the plunge and get the Neotec.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shoei_neotec2_excursion_helmet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	6150
                        As with most of Shoei's premium helmets, the fit and finish are top notch. The lining is very comfortable, almost plush. While I have never been a fan of a matte finish, this was actually very nice. Nothing can be said negatively about the quality of the helmet. The chin bar's operation is smooth and easy to use and so is the internal sun visor, even with gloves on.

So I took it for a test ride. The single most impressive feature for me is the noise. Or rather, the lack of it. This is probably the quietest helmet I have ever owned. I'm not sure how they did it, maybe it was the fact that I can leave the chin curtain in place and get my fat head into the bucket when the bar is up, or maybe they have figure some dark magic, but it is awesome. So much so that I am actually considering getting the integrated Sena SRL2 communicator. I didn't choose to purchase that at the time because I use earbuds that connect to my Sena 20 with the 3.5mm stereo port but I think I might be able to hear well enough with the internal speakers. Shoei did a great job here.

The topper, I found a bargain from a company online that I had never purchased from previously. I contacted Revzilla and they price match so I saved $200! I love Revzilla! I would highly recommend this helmet if you are looking for a top end modular helmet.

Pros: Superior quietness, fit and finish, smooth operation of all components.
                        Cons: Pricey, it is an expensive lid

I got that Neotec2 in full matte black about 18 months ago. My BMW dealer was chucking it out at AUD800. IMHO, its not the best of lids. I've found it very, loud, and the flip-up, when up, makes my face look even uglier. I know I could try thicker cheek pads to lessen the noise, then it would squash up my face even more. I've gone back to my previous Shoei NXR. Think I might go back to Arai next. As I wear a helmet every day, its GOT to be comfy. 18 months to 2 years wear out of a lid is good going for moi, so 18 months with the Neotec2 is alright, I suppose.

2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
                        2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

• justjoe
                          justjoe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Funny, you find the helmet loud and I think it is the quietest helmet I have ever owned. It must be the shape of our heads/liner/padding in the cheek area. Weird.

I got tired of carrying a rain suit and having to put it on and take it off every time it rained, so I sprung for the Revit Poseidon 2 gtx jacket and pants. Great set up. Plenty of ventilation and it fits well. Only problem is that the collar puts too much pressure on my Adams apple. Maybe my neck is just shaped weird...dunno. I've decided to sell this combo and try another gtx setup. My loss could be your gain. Comes with chest and back protectors. Retail more than $1600. Offering to you at $925. Check out the Adventure Riders website for pictures, PM me.

Comment

Hey Bobby, might have some luck if you post your gear for sale in the classified forum...FWIW👍

Comment

Working...
                          X