Lift points engine, k1300s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift points engine, k1300s

Does anybody have the adapter for mounting in the 3 lifts points on the k1300s engine?
    or the measurements and/or a drawing of it?

Looking to build one too make it easier to strip down the front end if the bike for an overhaul of the shock.

Hey Mattias. When I put the Wilbers shocks in my k12r I used a rear axle stand and then a car jack under the exhaust pipes with a piece of timber across the pipes to spread the load. The bike was quite secure but I also suspended it with a strap around the top triple tree from a hook in the ceiling just to be sure. Might be easier than fabricating something

Comment

That might work but also might overstress the pipes, thinwalled pipes with thousands of heat and cool cycles. I do not like that idea.
      Know a lot of people do it but i will keep searching for more info on the adapter regarding measurements.
      Last edited by Mattias_R; 11-06-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Maybe McFly will see this thread. He had pictures and instructions when he did his K1200S.
        Lee
        Iowa
        2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
          Maybe McFly will see this thread. He had pictures and instructions when he did his K1200S.
          I have the dvd servicemanual for the bike, but that does not contain the dimensions of the adapter, just a picture of it and an ordernumber . Will start stripping the fairing off my bike in a day or 2 and will make a mock-up in plywood to get the dimensions and then build it in 10mm steel and fit it on my minilift.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattias_R View Post

I have the dvd servicemanual for the bike, but that does not contain the dimensions of the adapter, just a picture of it and an ordernumber . .
            I thought his pictures would show how his bike was held during the work.

Lee
            Iowa
            2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

I did the same as you, Had the plastic off and was able to see the picture. I made a fabrication sketch but never made the unit because I cheat and put a block under the pipes. This is when I have to take the front end off for ball joint replacement.
              Last edited by beech; 11-11-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Still waiting for the company that is cutting the part's for me to ring and say they are done.

Comment

Working...
                X