Lift adapter engine K1300s, drawings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift adapter engine K1300s, drawings

Drawings of an liftadapter between a minilift and the engine, allows for lifting the bike level off the ground and work on both front and rear at the same time.

Nice Mattias, thanks!

Comment

Great job Matthias I'm assuming it'll fit a k12 I should be able to get the info from ebay

Comment

Do not know about the k12, will have to look in the service manual and compare partnumbers on the tool's.

Comment

Hey some of us needs pics of the real article.

Comment

https://www.bildtagg.se/bild/6y0cfj2ilc0u9zlmg47w3106

Comment

https://www.bildtagg.se/bild/0s9lc4tklgqbt7n7b2178t

Comment

I just bought an engine hoist. Hopefully between that and the center stand I can get it done. Will find out soon enough.

Comment

super nice mattias!

Comment

Nice work, Mattias!!

Comment

Hi Mattias

I am looking at this again and wondering a few things. The weight of the bike is 228 KG dry so what is the loading on these points assuming they were engineered to drop the engine and not bear the full weight of the machine.

I cannot see from the pic but would it be prudent to build a shoulder on the inboard sides of the struts just beneath the bolts to reduce the strain?
                      I assume its a non machined cast bit on the bike case so maybe not feasible.

self isolated and bored here

Comment

I don't have access to a welder anymore but did get a sale ad from Northern so here's my approach to getting shocks off.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_155133 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	18856

Comment

Weight of the front of the bike lifted by the tree on the frame. Strap holds up tire so you can get the leading link loose.

Comment

Originally posted by KafkaKaffe View Post
                            Hi Mattias

I am looking at this again and wondering a few things. The weight of the bike is 228 KG dry so what is the loading on these points assuming they were engineered to drop the engine and not bear the full weight of the machine.

I cannot see from the pic but would it be prudent to build a shoulder on the inboard sides of the struts just beneath the bolts to reduce the strain?
                            I assume its a non machined cast bit on the bike case so maybe not feasible.

self isolated and bored here
                            The bike sat mounted on these points on the assemblyline. There is a video on youtube from the factory, they show mostly r1200 line but at a small moment they showed the K-line, there one could see the k13 mounted. And this is the way the reorom dvd show to mount the bike while stripping down front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattias_R View Post

The bike sat mounted on these points on the assemblyline. There is a video on youtube from the factory, they show mostly r1200 line but at a small moment they showed the K-line, there one could see the k13 mounted. And this is the way the reorom dvd show to mount the bike while stripping down front end.
                              OMG I feel stupid now. I went looking and found the assembly line vids what an incredible soothing to to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X