Killing iPhone cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing iPhone cables

Since mid-summer and over about 6500 miles of riding I've had two Apple iPhone charging cables just quit working. I've been an Apple IPhone user since they first came out and with a lot of kids, we've had many go through our house and I've never seen an Apple charging cable quit working but it's now happed twice to me this year.

The first time was on a long road trip and the second time was riding the MABDR just this week. I use a Powerlet brand adapter in the OEM power port on the panel of my 2016 1200GS.

It's definitely the cable going bad. It'll be charging fine when I set out in the morning and sometime during the day quit on me and in both cases I've isolated it to the cable.

Has anyone ever had this kind of problem? I trying in imagine some malfunction of the Powerless Adapter or maybe some kind of surge from the bike but my phone has never complained until it just suddenly loses charging power.

I doubt it's the Powerlet adapter. I've had plenty of Apple & aftermarket charging cables go bad & attribute it to them just wearing out over time & poor quality. They make them cheap because If they lasted forever, we wouldn't ever have to buy replacements!!
    "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

I agree with Curt. I've had about a bajillion of them fail. My kids are hard on lightning cables. I only buy the braided ones anymore and they seem to last a bit longer.

Comment

Working...
      X