Clutch Issues K12S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Issues K12S

So, I've had this issue since I bought this bike from a friend a few months back.
    The clutch lever gets all soft and it doesn't do anything when I'm pushing the bike. Like really pushing it.
    I have to pump it a few times to get the lever to do anything.
    I bled the thing, bought a 6mm OEM bleeding nipple, and bled the whole mineral oil.
    Same issue.

Could it be the slave cylinder? When it gets hot?
    It's not leaking.

Help.

Try the Oberon slave cylinder.
    http://pirateslair.net/Oberonclutchslave.htm
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

You really can't tell if it is leaking or not because if it does leak it will be to the inside of the cover case. I suppose you would notice level going down if a lot was leaking. Is it bypassing the lever piston somehow? Aftermarket levers?

Comment

Been thinking about this for an hour. This system is very difficult to bleed all the air out. Maybe you have already done this. Turn the bars to the right, tie the clutch lever to the grip and let it set over night. In the morning remove the reservoir cover and tap the side of the reservoir with something light like a screwdriver handle while you work the lever slowly. Tiny bubbles will rise if there is air in there. Last time I installed a slave cylinder I had to do this two nights.
        Also, I fill from the bottom up using a syringe system from Phoenix, no air of course.
        Last edited by beech; 07-25-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did tied the levers to the grip and left them there for a week. Put all new mineral (blue) oil. installed the bleeder. OEM levers. it's annoying. I have two more slave cylinders. I'll try that. and I'll get the Oberon from eBay (at $128). It's ruining my experience with my new (to me) K12S.

Comment

I ordered my Oberon directly from them in UK
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
              I ordered my Oberon directly from them in UK
              You mean my Oberon?

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post

You mean my Oberon?

Yeah, Jerk! I gave it to you free. Did you install it?
                Chattanooga, TN
                Certified Hooligan.

Comment

So I bought the Oberon, and also just in case, got a K1300S master cylinder from eBay.
                  Installed them but I still get the issue of the lever loosing pressure under heavy acceleration. Not as bad as before. But it's still there.
                  The K12R doesn't do that.

Comment

Working...
                  X