Does anyone have a link to this procedure? I have lost the printed copy of mine since I moved. I know that each system gets three bleeds with a cycling of the abs pump using the gs911 tool. It's always nice to have the step by step procedure even when think you remember all the details. Thanks.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Brake Flush K1300S
Collapse
X
-
It is not too tough but pesky. You need to have the ability to clean the puck sides then push them back, either real caliper puck tools or a screwdriver and wood blocks to hold them back while you bleed the system. The idea is to reduce the volumn of the caliper behind the puck so all that bad fluid is minimized. So, Two of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Before you push back the pucks (after you cleaned them with 99% isopropyl alcohol and let dry) suck out the brake fluid from your reservior so it wont over flow. Work the right side caliper to get all the fluid out of the system refill as needed. Now hard but work the left caliper some, it is only from the junction block to the caliper so not so much fluid movement is needed.
This is side stuff. you have cleaned with new rag or paper towel the inside of the reservoir cap and both sides of the rubber bellows seal/gasket. If it is older than 4 years use a new one.
Put the calipers back on the bike. do not open the bleed nipples but pump the brake to push the pucks and pads back up to the disks. At this time you can activate the ABS via your GS 911 and bleed the right side caliper to check for bubbles. I have NEVER seen any. so if you want skip it.
Same for the rear brake, be careful as the reservoir empties quickly. I don't bother removing the rear caliper because the bleed nipple is not in the fill banjo bolt but in another location.
This is the general jest of it. Use a brand name of fluid, (dot4) Motul has a 5.1 that is good too. It is not DOT 5! dont use that.
I left out the general brake bleed tech as to opening and closing nipples while using the levers. I figure you have done it before. I use castrol brake fluid on customers bikes and Motul on mine. Higher boiling poing. When doing the rear brake push the pedal smartly down as air gets trapped in this system for some reason. I seriously suggest to use new caps and bellow seals on a regular basis.
Comment