Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil thread, oh my

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Oil thread, oh my

    My beloved K1300S with 135,000 miles on it and over the past few years 10 grand of support part for old age needs some help. Going to switch to motul 15/50 oil. I usually use 10/40 as in my newer K bike but it is time to help out those loose bearings and tired transmission. Having a great time doing winter maintenance on TWO K1300S bikes. There is a beautiful 09 tomato red K13s on the K bike forum for sale. I'd buy it but it would be really pushing my wife towards declaring me incompetent. (owning 3 K bikes). It is always a toss up which big boy goes for a ride. Though I can tell the difference between the two quite easily.

    #2
    Don't get a GS !

    Comment


      #3
      Our S only has 42k on her and is oil tight and purrfect for now. Let us know if the 15/50 works out OK. (I think 15/50 dino would be bad, but synthetic probably OK. Strange how they can rate dino and synthetic the same viscosity with drastically cold pourability.)

      Comment

      Working...
      X