Tire replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire replacement

I have had the Pirelli Corsa II tires on my K bike and the RR. According to my local supplier, these models are no longer made. It seems they may have been "upgraded" to the Corsa III or IV. They have suggested the Angel II as a replacement. I'm not tracking the bikes so I'm wondering if others have tried these Angel tires out and what you might think of this as a replacement. My research shows they are w rated for speed, but I'm more concerned about the construction of the tire and how it would perform for ride, longevity and rain.
    Thx

Look at the tread design and compound.

Comment

Hey Slick,
      I'm on my second set of the Angel GTs and like them. I've gone to the A spec since my wife started riding with me. A dual compound tire like the Michelins I've used previously, harder in the center. Seems to wear well, especially since I live on the coast where you spend some time on the center of the tire.

Comment

Slick,
        Like Capn, I've used up several sets of Angel GT's. I really like them. Good rain tire, handles well and reasonably long-lasting. All of this was on my 475 lb.Triumph Sprint ST, much of it 2-up. I looked for A-Spec Angels for my 1300S, but there were no Angels of any sort available in Oklahoma before THCR. I went back to Michelins, but I don't think you get your money's worth. Lee's post from THCR about his Dunlops is intriguing.

Comment

Michelins are are worn out before they look like it. After plenty of K bike tires and watching tires that come into the shop they don't hold up near the end. Squiggling cupping just don't make it. They are a strong tire when fresh and safe but you can't get the end of life from them. Nor should you from any tire. Right now I'm using Metzler RR's. Work well and no surprises.

Comment

I have hear good things about the Angel GTS but have never tried them. Last year in Colorado we had a scheduled replacement done on a set of Dunlop Roadsmart 4s at 5500 miles. They looked so good that I had them shipped back home. Our previous favorite tire, Michelin PR4s, would have been toast at 5500 miles. We've also had a set of Michelin Road 5s, which I hated due to lack of confidence in the twisties and only 4500 miles before the rear was were worn out and the front badly cupped. I doubt I'll ever try the Road 6s based on our Road 5 experience. I used to love Michelin and hate Dunlop. Now it's just the opposite.

Dunlop Roadsmart 4s at 5500 miles.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AJFCJaWwgMnJ__2MEqde1PbNVq9_GoGWB_qFSP3f_4fTZtjSMa24v1jQQ2iDauROUeaSVR3Kgl6byOEkVvrQoHmhrUvJ4fJS84wpFfA0CbIcSUsNGZ4rf90wxqYIhNc45G7xKRpMt15sIJISrZk7eAxkZ0cAqLB2tzxlXhPD9LgIYbibx2oaRLoQ9nOUr_eVpz9rQY82a_IzrtQph400noq-dnrduMTH9ObFvviZh2oHZlRqmkmX80-rhFa-jzk Views:	1 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	48232

Click image for larger version  Name:	AJFCJaWgUw6bBCoVq9VmJkE4vsaobuBmT6OE-6y5sn8NOXvsUWlvKXZ9eNDLrnZ9HXTmHbTzk4LhHBjsHW6ZYlWUJ06UbNhcoWwLZcUM43E3hg80HRRp_EctH41mg9c41kFKFrsBSouAgmtOkeUVZBncsA1IvXSgv0_bJ91b-Nx2Yh4a3LCPlYAeCG5yFktAPMbzynYMncINmegxPaeFhJ_Pgz3roewhK8BpZaAIvNTHhgF3FlOv7nvB9GH_YQc Views:	1 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	48233

Comment

agreed 100% Roadsmarts all the way, they wear like steel and grip like glue in the wet or dry. i always hated the Michelins, i did love the angels till i put on the Roadsmarts💪😁

Comment

Thanks Tim and RS350. Good info and insights.

Comment

Working...
                X