Added Skene Lights P3 Rear Lighting System to my K1300S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added Skene Lights P3 Rear Lighting System to my K1300S

Finally got around to doing the install of the Skene Lights Red LEDs on the back of my K1300S. They were a Christmas Gift from my Mom.

They are awesome bright but the light beam is constrained to a narrow 15 degree cone so pretty much only visible from traffic directly behind. They are much brighter than the OEM Taillight in both running and braking modes. The also blink left or right with the Turn Signal.
    Stuffed the tiny controller under the left rear side panel. Used the "Posi-Tap" wire connectors. Mounted to the Lic. Plate screws.
    '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

I rigged up a 9$ Amazion LED strip to my GSA and its workin great. Nowhere as bright as these, but riders behind me have reported that it is very noticeable. I just added one strip, right where the "gateway" is on your plate.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• R111S
      R111S commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed Mani. Any lighting upgrade one can do is a gain in being noticed in traffic.
Working...
X