Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Needed: 50w LED Bulb in K1300/K1200S?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed: 50w LED Bulb in K1300/K1200S?

Hola, my brothers... Need some advice...

I've been selling these H7 LED bulbs for a couple of years now... http://pirateslair.net/LED.htm

They're rated at 35w.. 4000 lumens per bulb.. Plug-n-play. While they have the occasional LAMP dash light.. they've been virtually problem-free . That being said, in my never ending quest to find a brighter bulb for our customers I started talking with another vendor this last week . They sent me 2 samples to try.. One is a slightly brighter version of the bulbs we've been selling and another bulb which is 50w and 6000 lumens. (pictured)

I plugged it into my K1200S earlier and damn.. it's super freakin' bright.. Also plug-n-play and still fit in the oem housing behind the twist-on oem plastic cap. As it's snowing here, there's no chance of me taking it out on the road for a while, but I like what I see... The only real difference between the new bulb and the one's we've been selling is it's 50 watt and it's 4 sided as opposed to 2 sided.

My question to youz guyz...Does anyone here run 50watt LED bulbs in their bike? Any issues? Any feedback is welcome...

Hi Jerry,

Running the H7s you provided for the Mighty K1300S. The illumination is about all I think the headlamp can handle. The brightness spills out to the sides of the beams frontal reach.

I think the lens design doesn’t handle the beam focus for a better stream light reach as I need. Definitely an improvement, but anything brighter would just be a white-out for me.

During the workweek, I ride home at the Midnight hour and the H7 Bulbs are about all I can handle.

I too will be waiting to hear from the higher wattage users.
    “Someday this wars gonna end.” Col. Kilgore, Apocalypse Now.

Comment

• Pirate
      Pirate commented
      Editing a comment
      ZATO... You may or may not be right abut the reflector.. I was thinking the same thing, but... there's two reasons for brighter bulbs.. Obviously to see better in the dark, but the other reason is being seen.. With the 35w LED bulb in, the illumination is superior to the oem bulb.. agreed.. but this new bulb is visibly much brighter than the 35w.. Meaning.. in the daylight you'd be much more visible to oncoming traffic.. I actually have to squint to look at it...

Wish I could test ride the bulb through some of the tunnels up on the parkway.. As R111S says he has no issue with the extra wattage.. I may order a handful and put them out in the field for some real world testing before I order a quantity.

Hi Jerry, I made a post here about the 50W, 6800 Lumen, LED upgrade of the High Beams of my 2011 K1300S. So far working great and awesome light!

https://theriderspace.com/forum/tech...ade-for-k1300s
    Last edited by R111S; 1 week ago.
    '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

Comment

Pirate, could you give a total for 3 bulbs incl shipping to sweden?

Comment

• beech
        beech commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought you were happy with your
        LEDSON LED headlight bulb 11G Xtreme Focus (single kit, H7)
        What happened?
        Pirate: My spec is that it fits behind the back screw in cover and not overheat. When a LED lamp is advertised as say, 55 watts, not all of that is light, many watts run the ballast. There are thin posts that have the led's on each side, others thicker and some with 4 sides with LED's. All too many choices. As you say, real world counts.
        Last edited by beech; 5 days ago.

• Pirate
        Pirate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks much..

• Mattias_R
        Mattias_R commented
        Editing a comment
        Always looking for new things if they are even better, so, just getting a quota for now, will see what the total is and add 30% taxes, might get to pricey.

Originally posted by Mattias_R View Post
      Pirate, could you give a total for 3 bulbs incl shipping to sweden?
      PM sent... FYI.. I'm ordering a few of the new 50w H7's in the am if that's what you are interested in...Weather here makes road testing prohibitive, but I'm hoping some of my customers can test them and report back...

Comment

Working...
      X