New Bike Coming Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bike Coming Home

In two weeks I'll pick up a new Suzuki s1000f. It's a sport bike with a small faring...great for daily rides on the twisty roads of SW Oregon. I plan on keeping the K13S for long distance traveling. Although my excitement is more measure than when I was a teenager, I'm nonetheless jacked up about getting this new machine. I'll send pics when I take possession.

Here's an internet pic of the bike.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Bobby!

Comment

Enjoy the new ride!

Comment

That thing looks great. Comfortable seat too! I didn't expect to see Brembo's on it. You'll love it I'm sure!

Comment

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            All the reviews I've read say it's very comfortable. Pretty up right riding position and the foot pegs are not too far back. Seats comfy too from what I've heard, although you never really know until you seat on it for awhile.

How does this compare to the new Katana? More up-market?
          I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure. This is designed as a sport bike with some wind protection, whereas the Katana seems more like a makes street bike. As far as performance, I don't know.

Congrats Bobby, looks nice. What color did you get?
          Chattanooga, TN
          Certified Hooligan.
          2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            I went with white instead of the blue. If Suzuki had make the new bike in the red from 2016 I would have gone for that...so sexy.

Here's what the red one from 2016 looked like....and the blue.
          Attached Files

Comment

• wildbears
            wildbears commented
            Editing a comment
            The white is better than the blue IMHO and shows up better on the road.

• Capnrip
            Capnrip commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you did well with the white too.

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the white too. Distinctive, IMHO. And I think it will be more visible to drivers than the blue.

This is actually a pretty interesting bike. Few electronic systems compared to the BMW. Has three traction control settings and abs, and that's about all....less to go wrong/expensive to fix. The engine is modeled on the old GSXR from 2008 and has a long stroke so has really good torque in the low to moderate rpm range. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works. Another good thing is that it cost about half what the BMW s1000r costs...$9k out the door. Incredible deal.

Comment

Congrats Bobby. Looking forward to your review.
            '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

Comment

That bike looks badass💪👍
              I’m sure you will love it and never look back,
              congratulations!!

Comment

Working...
              X