Surviving Your Mother In Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surviving Your Mother In Law

Another thread went off the rails, but in doing so it gave me an idea. This thread is to solicit good/bad/tried ideas for "Surviving Your Mother In Law"... a collection of stories.

I know that some here have had multiple tries (MIL).... is there any hope?
    Matt
    Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
    Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Dirt: Honda CRF450X
    IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

I’ve outlived all mine.(3) That’s the best revenge.
    I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

I got along with mine quite well, it was her daughter I couldn't get along with.

Comment

I had a wonderful mother in law. When I first called Susan she "had a boyfriend". Six months later I called back to see if anything had changed. Her mom answered and said Susan wasn't home. We talked for about 30 minutes, just chatting. Before we hung up she made me promise to call back. She wan't too fond of the current boyfriend. I called back.

Fast forward a year or two from that second call. One day Susan's mom comes over to borrow something, not sure what it was. I'm sitting on the recliner in my pajamas experimenting with speakers in the helmet. So there I am, PJ's and full face helmet watching TV. Susan's mom comes in, sees me, and tells Susan, "I'll just come back later."

Still miss her. They're not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
          I got along with mine quite well, it was her daughter I couldn't get along with.
          In my case, I'm probably more like you Mike. My biggest issue with my MIL is that blood runs deep and she will not tell daughter that she's wrong/being short sighted regardless what she [MIL] believes... she dare not go against her "baby".
          Matt
          Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
          Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
          Dirt: Honda CRF450X
          IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Can't help you Matt. Mine was wonderful.

Comment

I had a great mother-in-law. it is one of my daughter-in-laws who is difficult
              Larry

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, my MIL and I last about all of 2 minutes. Never failed.
                We are still together after 27 years(my wife and I) but its still the same. Even after my MIL had a stroke, she knew who and what "I" was.
                Last edited by aviator; 08-07-2019, 08:22 PM.
                Chattanooga, TN
                Certified Hooligan.
                2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Speakin of which...
                  I had a Captain, our finance company commander in Afghanistan, who I shared the hooch with. He got care packages from his MIL, sending him new underwear, and I am not talkin about T shirts. serious!
                  Last edited by aviator; 08-07-2019, 08:20 PM.
                  Chattanooga, TN
                  Certified Hooligan.
                  2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• 802Mike
                    802Mike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably wanted grandkids someday and needed to make sure the boys were comfy.

Yeah, I had a pretty good MIL & we had a good relationship. Her favorite nickname for me was "Jughead". She was a pretty good gal & a real sweetheart.

Sorry Matt!
                  "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

If my wife dies...I’ll marry her sister, so I don’t have to get used to another MIL...

Comment

• aviator
                      aviator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh WOW!
                      Straight out of Wiki.

• 802Mike
                      802Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      > Rob, .....and you hear a familiar voice say, "Honey I'm home."

• Martin_D
                      Martin_D commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Best answer so far !!!

Love mine and she feeds me like no other! The apple didn’t fall far from the tree either

Comment

Elaine’s mother and father have been living with us for a couple months . They are due to go back to FLA at the end of the month .... My Queen and I have watched from afar and we have discussed that if she treats me the way her mother treats her father ....

I have permission to punch her square in the mouth !

Comment

Stevie...I'm sorry!

Comment

Working...
                        X