• Show
Clear All

1st Track Day

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4127.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	9675OK so it wasn't on the GSA, still my 1st tack day
    4 20 minute sessions in upper 80 degree temps is exhausting, even though they were spread out from 9AM till 4PM.
    Here's a video from my dashcam unfortunately somehow the audio was turned off...pissed me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88apVwIhuO0&t=333s
    Last edited by BillGsa; 08-10-2019, 08:49 PM.

Cool Bill! What were you driving?

Comment

Cool! I’m hitting up the Porsche school end of Sept in Atlanta...should be fun.

Comment

Watch the video Kurt

Comment

Weird... I didn't see the intro this morning or the pic when I took a quick peek before I had to leave, but now I see it. The video I saw this morning, started with a dashboard view & no sound. I figured it was your SS but wasn't sure.

Coincidentally, I saw 2 of SS' going down to Austin this morning! Or should I say, 2 SS's passed me going down to Austin. Pretty neat car you got there Bill.

Any idea what your average speeds were during your runs? Any pucker moments?
          Last edited by McFly; 08-10-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McFly View Post
            Cool Bill! What were you driving?
            A Malibu I think...

Comment

• Martin_D
              Martin_D commented
              Editing a comment
              Holden to be exact ...

Nice video Bill

Comment

Originally posted by McFly View Post
              Weird... I didn't see the intro this morning or the pic when I took a quick peek before I had to leave, but now I see it. The video I saw this morning, started with a dashboard view & no sound. I figured it was your SS but wasn't sure.

Coincidentally, I saw 2 of SS' going down to Austin this morning! Or should I say, 2 SS's passed me going down to Austin. Pretty neat car you got there Bill.

Any idea what your average speeds were during your runs? Any pucker moments?
              Just 2 uh-oh's, the back end started coming around but I had just spent some time on the skid track so it didn't really phase me. Another time I turned into a left too soon & was running out of track, my instructor said nice job glad you didn't panic. No idea on average speed, I had a GPS app open on my phone which was in the glove box. Top speed was 126, at the end of the straight is a tight right hander knowing that it's was pretty hard not to brake early.

EDIT: well I'm dumb the GPS app has averages... distance 19.87 miles 54 mph average that's the session in the video. In an earlier session there was more traffic that one was 27.47 miles with an average of 43mph
              Last edited by BillGsa; 08-11-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post

A Malibu I think...
                It's an Impalibu

Comment

Billy !! Nice job

Ill bring my 6.0 down .... I’ll race ya

Comment

Comment

As I type , I can hear the autocross cars over on the Old Fort Devens airfield .... we have gone over to watch . Elaine got to ride in a Scion that was the track leader that day .... She hops out of after the session , and asked if he was married !!!!! While I was standing there !!! :-)

Just like a bike track day , it’s a total blast

Comment

Originally posted by sbk12rs View Post
                        Billy !! Nice job

Ill bring my 6.0 down .... I’ll race ya
                        Steve, I think that you put the decimal in the wrong spot.
                        Matt
                        Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                        Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                        Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                        IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

BillGsa while I’d have preferred that you joined us for the VIR trackday, at least this is a start. I’m guessing that you hated it and will never go back :sarc:
                          Matt
                          Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                          Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                          Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                          IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Wtf is that thingy?

Comment

Working...
                            X