Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Rocky Mountain Rally - July 13 - 16

Hey All,

So there has been a bit of chatter regarding this year's Rocky Mountain Rally. We have the hotel set up and ready for reservations. Here are the deets!

Dates: Check-in Monday, July 13th and check-out Thursday morning, July 16th. Of course, you can go earlier or stay later. These are the dates I blocked off.
    400 400 E Tomichi Ave, Gunnison, CO 81230
    (970) 641-1237

Room rates: Two queen beds $135 a night, King Suite $145 a night.

Ask them about cancellation policies as they told me there is only a 24-hour requirement to cancel a reservation. This may not be correct. We have the rooms blocked until June 25th. If you don't reserve your space by then, you will not be guaranteed a room. Also, I have only blocked ten rooms so first to reserve gets a spot and then anyone after 11 rooms is not guaranteed space. Give them a call and tell them you are with the "TRP" group.

If I left anything out, please let me know!

NOTE: theriderspace.com is not an official sponsor of any posted events. Event participation is the sole responsibility of the attendee. Motorcycle riding is potentially dangerous and can result in personal injury or death. You and you alone are responsible for your own safety. Ride within your own ability. Road and weather conditions may change at any time and thereby affect rider safety, so check local conditions regularly.

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
    Ask them about cancellation policies as they told me there is only a 24-hour requirement to cancel a reservation. This may not be correct. ]
    I made our reservation online so I could use Debbie's discount and also earn Choice Hotel points.
    My confirmation shows I can cancel up to 4:00 PM the day before.
    This is a normal cancellation police for the Choice Hotels group.

Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post

I made our reservation online so I could use Debbie's discount and also earn Choice Hotel points.
      My confirmation shows I can cancel up to 4:00 PM the day before.
      This is a normal cancellation police for the Choice Hotels group.
      Thanks for verifying Lee. That is what they told me on the phone as well.

Comment

Aw shucks! I was hoping you would choose the Hooker Hilton a few doors down. Right, Doug?
        I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

• Lee
          Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Rob they probably have a hourly rate.

• Loggiebone
          Loggiebone commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll send you a PM but I’m told rooms are available!😏👍

• aviator
          aviator commented
          Editing a comment
          Do it by the hour Rob, its more exciting.

I’ve booked my room.....if u going sooner ( as I am) or staying later, you will have to negotiate your rates

ill be there on the 12th if I don’t die in the desert firat

Comment

I didn't negotiate my 7-12 rate for shit, but the girl on the phone was so sweet I just said the hell with it.

Comment

• K1DUDE
            K1DUDE commented
            Editing a comment
            Hell, I don't know. I was just trying to negotiate a better price. I could go 121 without a cancellation policy, but I figure we got a 50/50 chance of being back from the "pre". I'm not a social schmoozer like you are Rob.

• Bmorganjr
            Bmorganjr commented
            Editing a comment
            u Should have let me call for u, I’m cheaper on the 12 then I am on the 13 th

• Bmorganjr
            Bmorganjr commented
            Editing a comment
            Fly out Doug, rent a side by side in lake city and take Your bride up engineers pass, on a clear day, the most beautiful place on the lower 48....

We expect to see u there

Reservations made!! We'll be arriving late Sunday, leaving Friday am. This will be a great time to revisit excellent photo op sites.Thanks Bill Joe !!

Deckers, CO. July 12, 2013
          Click image for larger version

Name:	pW22w8QHuYSUs2dN6pNX9uyo0U-uC9n5dd0up2PABCGzYete11BEcO4p2KL5fYCyczi_70cKXUFwPP0oxnMPYlVqFgOwGTowQ-wDjr-wfUOHntHcjFO1ucAZLu7Q1B0Ps7hKud1MooTmOp5JrBGKWqYafs8QmjbCG5KdbAT7_vbmeOEMTE6Iy8yQAyEdkGvDiK0aZL8uDJEE7ie0836j7BFZi_KN9IxDemNo9T-wjPWQkjd-fdVMENoL4yXhmfA
Views:	1
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	16364

Comment

• Lee
            Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            We arrive Monday and leave Friday.

Okay, we’re in! Same room as previously. Looking forward to it!
          I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

Ok, I'm committed (to this rally that is). Really looking forward to finally meeting some of the hooligans I've been talking with for the past 10 years or so.

Comment

• Bmorganjr
              Bmorganjr commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome Bobby, BUT.......I must warn ya....., I made the same mistake a long time ago.....

Ain’t never looked back
              Last edited by Bmorganjr; 01-14-2020, 09:56 PM.

• MattB
              MattB commented
              Editing a comment
              It will be great to meet you Bobby, I haven't officially proclaimed it on the pages of the website, but I'm in as well.

This one's for Bill.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	4xz2Uy0N04UE6AWbf17JM9rNeaTpcBY5oRYQQMdXqeDuaC2pulE8FOQACfKpGiY7B12w-J-1hiiSUstQDCEL2Z4MLUTbj9Yk9NczBsb4hR_y0QVSsw1JopJ9yDLjvnO1Lf-WH4Igm52Kq05Hpp5LqBZ9Ap8q-tXfdPM-64itQz25GDsMNbcqU9wcFkpskGJ4PMOoSiBMDgzD_O2skiWf--7slF_fcIFu9OTbEt-TJwl2_EEZrv_YNCYNxNse63E Views:	1 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	16382

Comment

That bike was very photogenic, and it took some nice shots

Comment

Originally posted by Bmorganjr View Post
                That bike was very photogenic, and it took some nice shots
                I remember following that bike at DGR, I believe I was on an exact match to that bike then...that was before I got the GSvirus

Comment

Room booked from 12-16th, with AAA you get same rate for the 12th.

Comment

Now I need to plan the three day drive to Colorado....

I am guessing July 4th weekend will make it a little more complicated for a last minute hotel selection?

Comment

• Loggiebone
                      Loggiebone commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sleeping in a truck...not unless it has a good bed, shower and pooper!😏😄

• justjoe
                      justjoe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      To answer your question. Unless you are going to a major venue for July 4th, you won't be greatly impacted. Getting hotel rooms along major travel routes will not be a problem.

• Bobby
                      Bobby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed. We'll probably have less contact with the general public while traveling to this rural area in Colorado than we have at home.

Originally posted by EricM View Post
                    Now I need to plan the three day drive to Colorado....

I am guessing July 4th weekend will make it a little more complicated for a last minute hotel selection?
                    you got room for the Pasta Rocket!

you can take my truck...it knows French!

Comment

Working...
                    X