Blue Ridge Parkway Rally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
    I attended my first BRPR at the Peaks of Otter and Brian Smith's house in 2002....
    That was our first as well. We were going from western NC to a Moto Guzzi open house in Lilington NC.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rpeXm2eP7K0IV8TteJ_pZ-00e-gr8tARvIo7CxrDe5U-cKCTUOuCFVO3dU5VlP52ocCr3xe3LPXC9d5guM8spt4HYLtWOCUDfMyeNZ3EBImKkCA1cOzE75momTnHFA5z4esdfrgN0sOwJ_n6jgmWu6FeaVnPsP817WyVaeTdAP4VpSlvyzI5ie1Rfnhq4ELRZlDx_x6KV2SlmMLmtUtDvca_5gF7XgalplI3-V-pjjeijIAEI2KBlOOQ5fZuhsy
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	5025

Comment

Their website says rooms have a fridge, but a microwave? I dont remember from prior visits.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
        That was our first as well. We were going from western NC to a Moto Guzzi open house in Lilington NC.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	rpeXm2eP7K0IV8TteJ_pZ-00e-gr8tARvIo7CxrDe5U-cKCTUOuCFVO3dU5VlP52ocCr3xe3LPXC9d5guM8spt4HYLtWOCUDfMyeNZ3EBImKkCA1cOzE75momTnHFA5z4esdfrgN0sOwJ_n6jgmWu6FeaVnPsP817WyVaeTdAP4VpSlvyzI5ie1Rfnhq4ELRZlDx_x6KV2SlmMLmtUtDvca_5gF7XgalplI3-V-pjjeijIAEI2KBlOOQ5fZuhsy
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	5025
        I think this was ‘03 at Staunton. I trailered down and brought Earthman because he’d had an unfortunate incident and couldn’t ride.
        It was pouring rain that night for dinner and there were a lot of no-shows leaving the wizard on the hook for the tab. Everyone there chipped in to help out.
        We offered Susan a dry ride in the truck back to the hotel but she politely declined and rode with you.

Comment

• cabnfvr
          cabnfvr commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking 02 was wrong as well but that's what my photo gallery said. It lied.

Originally posted by aviator View Post
        So the last day before we head out. Excited!
        So who is all going? Headcount?
        I am. Room 3.
        Steve (hunter) was loading his bike in the truck in the rain this AM and headed that way.
        Lee
        Iowa
        2016 R1200RS

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
          Their website says rooms have a fridge, but a microwave? I dont remember from prior visits.
          They didn't as of last month.
          there's one in the breakfast room though

Comment

As someone already mentioned, the restaurant at the bottom of the hill is really great now. the bar is in full swing and they make great drinks. I forget what they called it but they were making us these vodka drinks with ginger ale and something else. I had bunches and ended up in the hot tub in my underwear................yea, long night and honey badgers don't give a fuck

Comment

You guys are showing your, uh, longevity. I always thought BW’s rallies were the best. You should ride over there and pay him a call. The address is 2760 Hawkins Ridge Rd, Goode, VA.

This post didn’t go where I thought it would, but I’m talking about the early BRPRs at Brian Smith’s House. Brian and Polly are the best.
              Last edited by Rob; 05-16-2019, 09:21 PM.
              I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

Working...
              X