Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring is around the corner... sorta...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Spring is around the corner... sorta...

    Two weeks ago, this was the view from my back deck, 6400' elevation in the White Mountains of Arizona...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210126_101502-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	29281

    What a difference two weeks makes... yesterday, with temperatures in the 50s and 60s, and the snow 98% gone, I was able to get out for a therapeutic 250-mile loop. I began by heading south on US 60, through Salt River Canyon...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Salt%20River%20Canyon-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	29286

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210206_115317-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	29287


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_114010-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	29282

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_115009-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	29283

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_123313-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	29284
    Arriving in Globe, AZ 85 miles later, it was too nice a day to simply ride back home, so I headed up AZ Hwy 188 along Roosevelt Lake toward Payson, AZ...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_132931-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	29288

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_133628-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	29290

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_133635-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	29291

    And that was the end of my photos for the day... I continued on through Payson and home to Show Low... an awesome loop and early taste of Spring, with visions of a great year of riding ahead......


    Attached Files

    #2
    Charlie, the last two pics look like the lake just west of Gunnison, CO. Although a lake surrounded by desert is gonna look similar, no matter where it is.
    I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

    Comment


      #3
      Great pics Charlie & looks like a fun ride.
      "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

      Comment


        #4
        Lucky you, Charlie. Its above 6)* outside here and I am helpless in my office.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

        Comment


          #5
          OK, I'm jealous. Looks like an awesome ride. Beautiful country for sure.

          Comment


            #6
            That is beautiful for sure. Love how the canyons are low on vegetation and high on view. Here is Australia, most of our best riding roads are in forested areas, so it's hard to get photos like that

            Comment


              #7
              Beautiful country Charlie. Gave me a flashback to when I blew the transmission out of my K12Rs coming out of Springerville and limping into Vernon on 60.
              2023 Honda CB500X

              2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

              "Where you stand depends on where you sit"
              Rufus E Miles JR.

              Comment


              • Pete_Tallahassee
                Pete_Tallahassee commented
                Editing a comment
                Out in the middle of nowhere I go to pass a car and I have NO power. The bike is making a terrible racket and will not go faster than maybe 10 mph. This is a long story that I wont tell now. Hired a guy with a pickup to take me to my friends house in Tempe. Used insurance to get me to Iron Horse Motorcycles in Tucson were my Mom lived. Ten days & $5,000 later I was riding back home. 2000 KRS 80,000 miles. Bought a factory rebuilt.

              • Doctor350
                Doctor350 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Pete. Not sure you got me. Or maybe you did and rightly ignored it

              • EricM
                EricM commented
                Editing a comment
                Made me laugh Dr350, I think Ausie humor is similar to Canadian humor

              #8
              Excellent timing. We will be going through the area in a few weeks headed to Texas. With a slight adjustment we can do Hyw 60 !! BTW, who is your dealer? We're thinking of getting tires at GOAZ BMW in Scottsdale.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
                Excellent timing. We will be going through the area in a few weeks headed to Texas. With a slight adjustment, we can do Hyw 60 !! BTW, who is your dealer? We're thinking of getting tires at GOAZ BMW in Scottsdale.
                Tim, GOAZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale is the BMW dealer I have been using for service, although I have a small local shop here in Show Low that mounts/balances my tires.

                However, I just learned (on the K1600 forum) of an independent shop in Phoenix that works on BMWs exclusively... http://motoghost.com/cms/... They were highly recommended by everyone who had used them, so I'm going to check them out.

                If you and Susan come this way, it would be great to ride a few miles with you...

                Comment


                • cabnfvr
                  cabnfvr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sending PM

                #10
                Superb pics Charlie , as usual !
                But how long is your snow season , that first pic doesn't look too inviting ...

                Comment


                  #11
                  Nice pics, brings back good memories of our trip out west in 2013.

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Originally posted by Martin_D View Post
                    Superb pics Charlie , as usual !
                    But how long is your snow season , that first pic doesn't look too inviting ...
                    Martin, this is my 3rd winter here... from what I've experienced, we get a few dustings of snow from October until March, but usually just one major storm in winter... hopefully, this was it!! Our highest precipitation months are actually July and August...

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Originally posted by EricM View Post
                      Nice pics, brings back good memories of our trip out west in 2013.
                      You're probably due for another one, Eric!

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by Kneedragger View Post

                        You're probably due for another one, Eric!
                        Helene would agree but she wants to do it in a convertible and I am not sure the one we currently have (smart CDI) would be the best choice for such an adventure.

                        Comment


                        • Martin_D
                          Martin_D commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do it in winter , on your Ski-Doo ...

                        • EricM
                          EricM commented
                          Editing a comment
                          funny guy!

                        #15
                        Originally posted by EricM View Post

                        Helene would agree but she wants to do it in a convertible and I am not sure the one we currently have (smart CDI) would be the best choice for such an adventure.
                        2019 when we were staying at a Route 66 motel there was a group from New Zealand doing the 66 tour in Mustang GT convertibles.

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Kiwi Route 66 tour (2).jpg Views:	2 Size:	289.4 KB ID:	29344


                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Kiwi Route 66 tour (3).jpg Views:	2 Size:	398.9 KB ID:	29345

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Kiwi Route 66 tour (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	239.0 KB ID:	29346
                        Lee
                        Iowa
                        2022 R1250RS White Sport

                        Comment


                        • EricM
                          EricM commented
                          Editing a comment
                          almost as cool as a Smart CDI convertible ...
                      Working...
                      X