A few years ago I was going down Rt 259 planning to go over the ridge dividing VA & WV on Rt 33, I put Brandywine in my GPS & it had another plan.
It took me over the ridge on Criders Rd which is a steep twisty 1 lane road with 2 water crossing at the end, I had never done a water crossing. Also I had mostly worn out street tires on the bike & I was worried I might get a flat. Well I made it without incident so yesterday I thought I'd do it again.
This time with more experience & better tires what could go wrong?
I headed up the ridge with just enough gravel to make it interesting.


Down the WV side was the same




Then came the water crossincrossings, 1st one was easy but after it was deep gravel that continued into the water the gravel grabbed my front tire & down we went.


Once upright I headed up Mitchell Mountain Rd, nice road single lane hard packed dirt with a view.
??dirt.




Next was Greenawalt Gap Rd, tight twisty & freshly paved.

After that I made my way home on familiar roads.
Relive Video https://www.relive.cc/view/vevWBW8EWGq
It took me over the ridge on Criders Rd which is a steep twisty 1 lane road with 2 water crossing at the end, I had never done a water crossing. Also I had mostly worn out street tires on the bike & I was worried I might get a flat. Well I made it without incident so yesterday I thought I'd do it again.
This time with more experience & better tires what could go wrong?
I headed up the ridge with just enough gravel to make it interesting.
Down the WV side was the same
Then came the water crossincrossings, 1st one was easy but after it was deep gravel that continued into the water the gravel grabbed my front tire & down we went.
Once upright I headed up Mitchell Mountain Rd, nice road single lane hard packed dirt with a view.
??dirt.
Next was Greenawalt Gap Rd, tight twisty & freshly paved.
After that I made my way home on familiar roads.
Relive Video https://www.relive.cc/view/vevWBW8EWGq

Comment