Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Criders Rd Oops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Criders Rd Oops

    A few years ago I was going down Rt 259 planning to go over the ridge dividing VA & WV on Rt 33, I put Brandywine in my GPS & it had another plan.
    It took me over the ridge on Criders Rd which is a steep twisty 1 lane road with 2 water crossing at the end, I had never done a water crossing. Also I had mostly worn out street tires on the bike & I was worried I might get a flat. Well I made it without incident so yesterday I thought I'd do it again.
    This time with more experience & better tires what could go wrong?
    I headed up the ridge with just enough gravel to make it interesting.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1300551700177877.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	52568
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1300551700177821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	52569
    Down the WV side was the same

    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1400551700178365.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	52570
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1400551700178384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	52571
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1400551700178477.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	52572
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1500551700178868.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	52573

    Then came the water crossincrossings, 1st one was easy but after it was deep gravel that continued into the water the gravel grabbed my front tire & down we went.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1500551700179025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	52574
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1600551700169383.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	52575
    Once upright I headed up Mitchell Mountain Rd, nice road single lane hard packed dirt with a view.
    ??dirt.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1900551700179311.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	387.2 KB
ID:	52576
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX2000551700179833.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	52577
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX1900551700179368.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	52578
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX2000551700179731.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	52579
    Next was Greenawalt Gap Rd, tight twisty & freshly paved.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	GX2100551700229388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	52580

    After that I made my way home on familiar roads.

    Relive Video https://www.relive.cc/view/vevWBW8EWGq

    #2
    Did you stop to wash the bike? Barely looms dusty!

    Comment


    • BillGsa
      BillGsa commented
      Editing a comment
      Washed it yesterday & managed to knock off the front wheel weights. I have a job to do today.

    #3
    at least no injuries this time. would new tires have made a difference in the puddle?

    Comment


    • BillGsa
      BillGsa commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I have new Trailmax Missions on the bike.. Well maybe Knobies?

    • EricM
      EricM commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing helps these fat cows in mud, not even knobies.

    • BillGsa
      BillGsa commented
      Editing a comment
      Bar Risers ?

    #4
    I would respectfully disagree with "Nothing helps these fat cows in mud, not even knobies". Just sayin'.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ADCreHfD-bRTLAAH6ecdyE0cdyl_TcQ6j9Yb9WG4vXg5inCDAnRFKfCSOJuNHAY4nxEyPKQ077bkdOU47HwagnIQN1jgDS56iqFuWVcALUpRCmREN8z1eRc5ITW6calty_6rvngbwRD9Ko-r0_MxqFwPbIJtlWyD7E4MVIyIp1krkcWKg7MLB_9sb7dYo2y_yCwrwod-Q5hE0H5t_It7xdyrQONb7jLVbJGFO6kZHtCKrz-ujg88kxN3He6kKxH
Views:	1
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	52682

    Comment


    • EricM
      EricM commented
      Editing a comment

    • Doctor350
      Doctor350 commented
      Editing a comment
      Confucious say "short man cannot walk on water"

    #5
    https://youtu.be/5CTnY4sWlHE?si=CmKPXAxBQZEpD10c

    Comment


    • 955i
      955i commented
      Editing a comment
      Bill, do you ever see any bicyclist back on those roads? They look like wonderful gravel bike roads.

    • wildbears
      wildbears commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto.....

    • BillGsa
      BillGsa commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't but I'm sure they ride in the Green Ridge Forest
Working...
X