Been MIA the past couple of weeks. My mother collapsed a couple of Sunday nights ago. She has aggressive Big C which has spread to her spine which finally paralysed her. She's now settled into an end of life hospital and receiving palliative care. So I've been on "Dad Duties", leaving work early and driving him every afternoon into the hospital to see Mum. Today is her 86th birthday, and my two sisters flew in last night from Qld and NSW to spend the remainder of this week with our parents. This gives me a couple of days break, if you can call it that, from the emotional drowning of it all. Sounds awful but needed for my own sanity.
I have the day off work today, so this morning I took off on the bike for a quick short ride before taking Dad in to see Mum this arvo. I haven't ridden for two whole weeks (OMG how do you guys who get snowed in in winter cope!!??) I thought I'd try on my old leather pants seeing as I've lost a bit of weight. And they fit!!!! That got my spirits up even before hopping on board the beast.
Relive it here: https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10006353299#
And pics to go with it.....
In the beginning, just up the road from home:

Quick stop-off at Serpentine Dam. Great to see the water level up due to the wet start to winter we've had.

On down the scarp, along the SW Highway then back up the scarp to the Jarrahdale General Store for a quick hot chocolate and pecan pie. There I was sitting out the front admiring the brilliant glow of yellow wattle ....

.... when one of the guys in the group sitting further up came up and we got chatting bikes. Got an invitation to join them. Seems they're all retired and meet up there every Tuesday. Four of several:

Gorgeous lineup ....

Anyway, before I knew it, it was back down the Highway and home

Yeah, a good, albeit brief, hour out of it all.
I have the day off work today, so this morning I took off on the bike for a quick short ride before taking Dad in to see Mum this arvo. I haven't ridden for two whole weeks (OMG how do you guys who get snowed in in winter cope!!??) I thought I'd try on my old leather pants seeing as I've lost a bit of weight. And they fit!!!! That got my spirits up even before hopping on board the beast.
Relive it here: https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10006353299#
And pics to go with it.....
In the beginning, just up the road from home:
Quick stop-off at Serpentine Dam. Great to see the water level up due to the wet start to winter we've had.
On down the scarp, along the SW Highway then back up the scarp to the Jarrahdale General Store for a quick hot chocolate and pecan pie. There I was sitting out the front admiring the brilliant glow of yellow wattle ....
.... when one of the guys in the group sitting further up came up and we got chatting bikes. Got an invitation to join them. Seems they're all retired and meet up there every Tuesday. Four of several:
Gorgeous lineup ....
Anyway, before I knew it, it was back down the Highway and home
Yeah, a good, albeit brief, hour out of it all.

Comment