Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route - time to get a little dirty!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    So, despite his disbelief of perfectly correct information, I had a great time riding with Joe. He's faster than I am, but I can live with that. I'd do it again.

    Joe hightailed it back to Tennessee on Saturday so he could maybe have make up sex with Julie. How'd that work out, Joe? I called Brian and Polly Smith in Bedford, and then I went and stayed with them last night. I hadn't seen them since the Internal Coup Rally in May. Well, their big news was that on June 26, Brian had had a Widowmaker heart attack, with three arteries nearly completely blocked. He's better now, but the attack did some damage to the heart muscle, so he's not back to full strength. He could use everybody's good wishes.

    So regarding the MABDR, I'd like to do the rest. But I would sure like to do it in dry weather. It would be a real bitch in the rain.

    I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Rob View Post
      So, despite his disbelief of perfectly correct information, I had a great time riding with Joe. He's faster than I am, but I can live with that. I'd do it again.

      Joe hightailed it back to Tennessee on Saturday so he could maybe have make up sex with Julie. How'd that work out, Joe?
      Who knew that it was I that was wrong, again, and that I should have been more conciliatory in my manner when I got home? It turned out well though!

      And just because you were right this one time doesn't mean you aren't full of it! That whole conversation was funny and will probably come back around in the future!

      Originally posted by Rob View Post
      So regarding the MABDR, I'd like to do the rest. But I would sure like to do it in dry weather. It would be a real bitch in the rain.
      Yeah, agreed. Even with knobbies on some of that would be hell if it was raining. I'd still do it!

      Comment


        #18
        So what was your strategy:
        1. Explain to Julie how lucky she was to be married to a man like you.
        2. Tell her you're the man, you wear the pants in the family and what you say goes.
        3. Beg forgiveness like a little bitch.
        Just curious.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Capnrip View Post
          So what was your strategy:
          1. Explain to Julie how lucky she was to be married to a man like you.
          2. Tell her you're the man, you wear the pants in the family and what you say goes.
          3. Beg forgiveness like a little bitch.
          Just curious.
          GFY Wes! That was about the extent of the conversation.

          Comment


            #20
            Heck yeah! What ya got? "Motoz Tractionator GPS's" It just can't get any better than that.
            Great looking roads, and JJ, I could have told ys TKC70's suck on gravel. Mike would disagree but he'd be wrong.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Rob View Post
              On Saturday much of the route ran along the Cowpasture River. We stopped for a photo or two, and I asked Joe if he was interested in some local geography. I told him that in addition to the Cowpasture River, there was also the Bullpasture River, and even the Calfpasture River. He called total bullshit! So wrong! OK, Joe, here's a page from the Virginia Gazetteer. You'll see BullPasture Mountain, with Bullpasture River to the north of it, and with Cowpasture River to the south of it.
              I've ridden those roads, paved, no centerline and not very wide.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
                Heck yeah! What ya got? "Motoz Tractionator GPS's" It just can't get any better than that.
                Great looking roads, and JJ, I could have told ys TKC70's suck on gravel. Mike would disagree but he'd be wrong.
                They were the best tire at the time for dirt roads and did really well on pavement.
                May have something to do with load distribution too.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Next time guys. I had been away too often these few months.
                  But what a ride! Thanks for the story and all the pics.
                  Chattanooga, TN
                  Certified Hooligan.
                  2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Capnrip View Post
                    So what was your strategy:
                    1. Explain to Julie how lucky she was to be married to a man like you.
                    2. Tell her you're the man, you wear the pants in the family and what you say goes.
                    3. Beg forgiveness like a little bitch.
                    Just curious.
                    Joe came home to find Julie dressed as a police officer

                    She then took out her baton and "twak'ed" him

                    That turned Joe on, so then she bent him over and

                    Joe was now completely in the mood, so he

                    Before

                    Then while she was in her happy place he seized on the moment

                    And they lived happily ever after

                    Matt
                    Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                    Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                    Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                    IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

                    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by justjoe View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DAEB2508-A8EF-4910-B390-C9B4B33E93FA_zpsgnvft4bt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1059

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	762DF0F4-61C8-47B7-AF8A-0C61735D35EC_zpsog0fr1a9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	1060
                      You damn GS guys kill me... I'd have ridden my Harley on these roads.
                      Matt
                      Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                      Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                      Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                      IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

                      If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        You damn GS guys kill me... I'd have ridden my Harley on these roads.
                        Yeah, well I used to ride my RS on these roads. They're good roads!
                        I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by MattB View Post
                          You damn GS guys kill me... I'd have ridden my Harley on these roads.
                          Yeah, the roads in the pictures aren't that bad. The places where I couldn't stop to take pictures were the bad spots. Most of it was easily done on big bikes as I thought I said, but some few spots were slickery as all hell. A few ruts, a bunch of newborn baby head size rocks and some slick mud was about the extent of the bad stuff. And the knobbies would have made the slick stuff much easier to handle.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by MattB View Post

                            Joe came home to find Julie dressed as a police officer

                            She then took out her baton and "twak'ed" him

                            That turned Joe on, so then she bent him over and

                            Joe was now completely in the mood, so he

                            Before

                            Then while she was in her happy place he seized on the moment

                            And they lived happily ever after
                            Damn Matt, what, did you go to the XXX emoji store?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Capnrip View Post

                              Damn Matt, what, did you go to the XXX emoji store?
                              Nope, JJ put them on the site... i just put them together in a thread.

                              The crowd that hangs at this place is tough. I thought for sure after putting together such a creative narrative that I would get at least one "Like". I'm gonna head off to a cry closet now.
                              Matt
                              Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                              Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                              Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                              IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

                              If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Happy now, Matt? ?

                                Very creative BTW ?
                                2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
                                2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

                                DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X