Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Riding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Congrats Tim and Susan. Nice bike. And yes Tim, the GS suits your frame.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

    Comment


      #32
      Ya know, I always considered myself indecisive, constantly questioning my choices. It seems that you suffer the same, at least as it relates to the GS as you do the hokey pokey. Congrats, I think... at least until you two decide to put your whole body out.
      Matt
      Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
      Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
      Dirt: Honda CRF450X
      IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

      If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by MattB View Post
        Ya know, I always considered myself indecisive, constantly questioning my choices. It seems that you suffer the same, at least as it relates to the GS...
        Actually no, it wasn't indecisive in 2014. That was an attempt to make an unfun place fun. Didn't work. fast forward 4 years, different time, diffferent place. The 2018 GS is FUN !! And it's extremely comfortable. The K1200/1300S will forever be the best sport-touring bike on the planet but it's time to relax and let someone else strafe apexs for a while. No one would do that on a GS.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	vRZICosSwj1pYY75F5L5jwLbL6Bctx8SlFD8d4qYEVxdDKNY7dEf4XS3CnTc07DBQzEm9KWgTfPzjidwUeT2IfeIyxQkJOFD-WZhsuExULgbEaWenocCd723dqbxNhgVDBjigFUctE90KZLWRhba-dk8Rkk0A2wEmSVij7WnA1SqvpPXdKEDHD8I1fK4UuDXddvUZy9WJ_CrYFT9eKWwvTJUx6ph_5M5YA7U3AJi-owiiRYHltGGk7HqKDlRuRw Views:	1 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	2225
        Last edited by justjoe; 12-07-2018, 08:40 AM.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
          Actually no, it wasn't indecisive in 2014. That was an attempt to make an unfun place fun. Didn't work. fast forward 4 years, different time, diffferent place. The 2018 GS is FUN !! And it's extremely comfortable. The K1200/1300S will forever be the best sport-touring bike on the planet but it's time to relax and let someone else strafe apexs for a while. No one would do that on a GS.

          Click image for larger version Name:	vRZICosSwj1pYY75F5L5jwLbL6Bctx8SlFD8d4qYEVxdDKNY7dEf4XS3CnTc07DBQzEm9KWgTfPzjidwUeT2IfeIyxQkJOFD-WZhsuExULgbEaWenocCd723dqbxNhgVDBjigFUctE90KZLWRhba-dk8Rkk0A2wEmSVij7WnA1SqvpPXdKEDHD8I1fK4UuDXddvUZy9WJ_CrYFT9eKWwvTJUx6ph_5M5YA7U3AJi-owiiRYHltGGk7HqKDlRuRw Views:	1 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	2225
          Hooligans! Very refined and polished, but hooligans!

          Comment


          • cabnfvr
            cabnfvr commented
            Editing a comment
            I expected someone to comment that one cannot "strafe" at 24 mph. I'd just pull a Bob Barker on 'em. "Come on down!"

          #35
          Of course not. A GS is only for leisurely cruising!?

          Comment


            #36
            I am liking that new TFT screen.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

            Comment


              #37
              Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
              Of course not. A GS is only for leisurely cruising!?
              Don't forget tractor pulls. Certainly y'all have tractor pulls down there in the south.
              Matt
              Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
              Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
              Dirt: Honda CRF450X
              IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

              If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

              Comment


                #38
                Originally posted by MattB View Post

                Don't forget tractor pulls. Certainly y'all have tractor pulls down there in the south.
                And out west. Chugga chug .....
                Click image for larger version

Name:	eHGpSebyIS_-R5BdGqLrAgA9VIeeLuZvGEMKEbyjk7sn1a-dhjjGBe1UUFN5WfOj5aMm-Un9OfVEjvDRICKcSX87ow3jI2r7s-2_vgrVjuvEw-U865SmloV0x9MPyHG7FA17GRaGxC1xnhf1uS6fNSZQM6nVQM-yanJq0zYHumo3XYz_IfrKG-wIzMUKTQyNnpfy0R3rw5Cj84eBpOvFwyrJK2SuvhL5IcOZ2L85UD4BP44guiVF12kfMkHqAz4
Views:	1
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	2260

                Comment


                  #39
                  For some reason pictures are flaky on this site.
                  Sometimes I can see Tim's pictures, sometimes I can't.
                  Lee
                  Iowa
                  2022 R1250RS White Sport

                  Comment


                    #40
                    Originally posted by Lee View Post
                    For some reason pictures are flaky on this site.
                    Sometimes I can see Tim's pictures, sometimes I can't.

                    Comment


                      #41
                      Originally posted by Lee View Post
                      For some reason pictures are flaky on this site.
                      Sometimes I can see Tim's pictures, sometimes I can't.
                      Yeah, I'm not sure why either. Sometimes I see Tim's pics and sometimes just the link. When I open the post in edit mode the picture auto populates without any intervention, then once I save it I can see the pic from then on. Post #33 here is a perfect example.

                      Comment


                        #42
                        I see them. Always.
                        Chattanooga, TN
                        Certified Hooligan.
                        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

                        Comment


                          #43
                          Originally posted by justjoe View Post

                          Yeah, I'm not sure why either. Sometimes I see Tim's pics and sometimes just the link. When I open the post in edit mode the picture auto populates without any intervention, then once I save it I can see the pic from then on. Post #33 here is a perfect example.

                          Comment


                            #44
                            Tim, with the amount of good photos that you have in your collection, Google is probably just overwhelmed.
                            Matt
                            Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                            Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                            Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                            IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

                            If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

                            Comment


                              #45
                              Originally posted by MattB View Post
                              Tim, with the amount of good photos that you have in your collection, Google is probably just overwhelmed.
                              Thank you sir!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	_ZYHLEzkxpujiWKO5rGDNJk7_HYnXCUTRoDNq9qnrxeBllTLW4-iXNOJ1IoggAgtS1HJ9UJ0cMGoF5mXL9tv6UdPzB5OOYFT-EsGNFhqPxQFbpgMp53yI1mO8NFSAYGjZtJsnUZDmhcSbaUbreQ6u84i1Zo-Y-x37Gl_HZHp8djpzaZmF7qqPcXGJwcobS3n7IXsa_2xWkmVUrYc3xWtPQo4caEVGcZ0ZZL7MklNauy_FWZcvUAUajBAmh724s1
Views:	1
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	2343

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X