Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetooth Communicators - Sena, Cardo, other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-K View Post

Just pair your phones then you have much better range than FRS (essentially unlimited) when you absolutely need it.
    Hmmm.... Rick I'm not sure that I follow you. Are you suggesting to basically open a phone call with your riding bud as a long range bike to bike intercom, or am I missing something?

I bought a Sena 30k unit. There is definitely some things that I like about it, but I still have yet to get everything in the bluetooth world shaking hands the way that I like. Wires, while a bit of a pain, I'd run once and then have consistent performance forevermore. I'm still not sure that wireless has been a step forward for me overall, but I do enjoy not having my helmet tethered... so there is that.
    Matt
    Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
    Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Dirt: Honda CRF450X
    IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post

Hmmm.... Rick I'm not sure that I follow you. Are you suggesting to basically open a phone call with your riding bud as a long range bike to bike intercom, or am I missing something?

I bought a Sena 30k unit. There is definitely some things that I like about it, but I still have yet to get everything in the bluetooth world shaking hands the way that I like. Wires, while a bit of a pain, I'd run once and then have consistent performance forevermore. I'm still not sure that wireless has been a step forward for me overall, but I do enjoy not having my helmet tethered... so there is that.
      Yes Matt, use the BT bike to bike most of the time but if you can't make contact or get separated by big distance then just make a cell call. I finally retired the Chatterbox last summer and went for a 20S EVO, blew me away how well the phone side of it worked though that wasn't something I bought it for or necessarily wanted. It was very nice streaming Pandora/Spotify and I've now totally ditched XM in the house, office and vehicles. Throw in Google Maps turn by turn which dims the music and even the GPS becomes less used...

Comment

Here is a tip for kids with older Sena units.
        There has been a lot of talk about the batteries givin up the ghost. Maybe true.
        If you have one and it will not ever charge up and turn blue on a usb, try plugging it into a wall charger with micro usb, like your phone charger. Presto it will wake up and go blue in a while.
        Disclaimer: I never said I am a rocket scientist, but am just an aeronautical engineer.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Working...
        X