No announcement yet.

A Less Painful Ride

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd miss the S. that other bike won't do this.
    Last edited by cabnfvr; 06-02-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Sum beach, someone got a little spunky there!

• 955i
      955i commented
      Editing a comment
      Dadgummit, Tim! I watched half of this video before I figured out it wasn't you and Susan passing all those dudes doodling around on the Mountain Course! I wondered why the K wasn't passing guys faster LOL!

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      It's like I've ridden with that guy before!

Question for those who have installed Helibars. How do you keep the clutch cable from snagging on the ignition plug cover. The cable is secured against the faring and is threaded around a part of the wiring harness, so it would be difficult to get in there and Can I file off the point of the plug cover so the clutch cable can slide over it more easily?

Comment

• cabnfvr
      cabnfvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, you have to clip the zip tie inside the right fairing. It hard to get in there but be very careful that all you clip is the tie. Once that's done the clutch line will be just long enough to clear the ignition. Clipping the zip has no negative effects.
      Last edited by cabnfvr; 4 weeks ago.

Same for the brake cable?...that one also catches.

Comment

• cabnfvr
      cabnfvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Just the one zip tie on each. It's the first one you get too when chasing the respective lines down into the fairing.
      Last edited by cabnfvr; 4 weeks ago.

• Bobby
      Bobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. Thanks.

• Bobby
      Bobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Brake cable still catches a bit. I may just leave the switch cover off.

Helibars installed. Raining now so have to wait for test ride.

Comment

Bobby,
      curious whats your first impressions by just sitting on the bike?

Comment

• Bobby
        Bobby commented
        Editing a comment
        A little more upright and comfortable position. The change isn't radical structurally (only about an inch up and half an inch back) but I think it's going to be enough to significantly reduce pressure on my wrists. Doesn't look any different at a glance.

Ride about two hours this evening. No wrist pain. The position is upright to the point where I can hold the grips and have virtually no forward leaning pressure. This is really going to help alot. Thanks for the advice to try theses helibars before giving up on the KS.

Comment

• 802Mike
        802Mike commented
        Editing a comment
        With the KRS we found the faster we rode the less stress on the wrists and shoulders.

Bobby,
      glad to hear the heli bars will work out👍

Comment

Win, Win, Bobby! Win for comfort, and win for the K.

PS: a Norton keyring on a Beemer .... tsk tsk!
        2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 48,800 km / 30,300 mi
        2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Working...
        X