It's not rocket science.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not rocket science.

Mask mandates will continue until there is sufficient herd immunity.

Until there is widespread herd immunity, a large reservoir of infection will continue to promote viral mutation..

A constantly changing virus presents a major challenge to vaccine effectiveness as new strains emerge.

BTW, it behooves the virus to become more infectious and produce an illness that is less severe.
    Last edited by wildbears; 01-01-2021, 12:21 PM. Reason: Additional commentary.

It's common sense, which is not common these days.

Comment

Stay away from people and don't go indoors to the extent possible. That's not rocket science either. We're just going to have to drink on the porch at home for awhile. Click image for larger version

Name:	Message_1593739695469.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	23163

Comment

• wildbears
        wildbears commented
        Editing a comment
        Drinking in isolation is a good idea!

Al K. Hall is known to suppress the immune system.

And that may partially explain the tavern related outbreaks.

• beech
        beech commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful yard, very nice.

Just spent 5 days in Gunnison with some hooligans. Wouldn't trade that experience for a reduced risk from from possibility of Covid. Of course, I'm young, healthy and not in the "at risk" group. LOL! Seriously, though, on my risk analysis matrix, the result was a "go." Others may have a different matrix and that's fine. No one is wrong about what their own capacity for acceptable risk is.

Comment

Covid 19 is likely here to stay.

Eventually you'll either get it or the vaccine.

Even vaccinated, as with the flu, you may still get it because of seasonal mutations.

However, even if the vaccine is not specific for the current variation, it's likely that some immunity will be provided such that a less severe illness will be experienced.
        Last edited by wildbears; 07-29-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Bobby
          Bobby commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm interested in the vaccine, but won't be taking it unless someone credible like Tony Fauci recommends it for older people. You can't trust anything the white house says at this point. There will likely be several variants of the Convid vaccine since there will likely different degrees of protection depending on age.

• wildbears
          wildbears commented
          Editing a comment
          There will be many that won't get the vaccine no matter who endorses. Same as with the flu. I've already heard concerns about autism.

• Bobby
          Bobby commented
          Editing a comment
          There's no changing the minds of those that think vaccines cause autism. The difference with this is that Convid is not the flu. Not taking an effective Convid vaccine makes as much sense as not taking the MMR or the polio vaccines.

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
        Stay away from people and don't go indoors to the extent possible.
        On our trip we did not go into gas stations unless we had to .
        I think Debbie has a 10 gallon bladder and I would mark my territory when taking a pictures at the side of the road.
        We did not go into little shops at Creede and Crested Butte like we normally do.
        A couple times we made a exemption for ice cream

Lee
        Iowa
        2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• Bobby
          Bobby commented
          Editing a comment
          Really glad you guys stayed safe. And appreciated all the pictures.

• beech
          beech commented
          Editing a comment
          I dated a lady in college, she could go through pitchers of beer and never hit the head. Always amazed me. Yes, a ice cream treat works wonder.

We go out locally but we've already been to two restaurants that had an employee test positive. One was only a few days after we'd been there. I have no problem with people going out. I just wish they'd wear a mask and social distance. Sadly many do not.

Comment

• Bobby
          Bobby commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it's hard to keep vigilant about this virus. I just interacted with my neighbors but afterwards I realized I have no idea where they've been. For all I know they were bar hopping last night. This sucks....and it will continue for quite awhile.

I spent most of my bathroom stops pissing on the side of the road , or cracking the trailer door and letting it rip at truck stops, made joe and Matt nuts I think??? What all that water by the trailer door....watch your step boys

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
          Stay away from people and don't go indoors to the extent possible. ]
          When all this started Debbie said she had been praying for social distancing all her life

Before the virus we always liked our space.
          When we went to movies we went late morning or early afternoon so we didn't have to sit next to someone.
          For restaurants we tried to sit away from other and a booth with a high back was great.
          When we used to go to high school and college sporting events we hated being squeezed next to people we didn't know.
          We've been in social distance training for years

My problem, if I know the person, I tend to touch them when talking to them. That's been a hard habit to break.

Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

I've been using social distancing and face masks during the cold and flu season for years (plus the annual flu shot).

And have not been sick for a couple of decades.

Even the regular flu can put you on your back for a week or two or kill you if you have risk factors.

But due to the extra precautions for Covid 19, this and next year's influenza related deaths may be lower than average.
            Last edited by wildbears; 07-29-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• 955i
              955i commented
              Editing a comment
              I last got the flu vaccine during the 1976 Swine Flu panic. It must have worked. I have not gotten another vaccine since and haven't been sick for decades, either.

Safer air travel???

The air nozzles over each seat supply clean air (filtered or outside depending on the age of the plane).

Set them to put a breeze directly on your face to provide some protection.

Should be in addition to distancing, masks, and even face shields these days.

I've sat next to sick people coughing and sneezing on many flights in the pass, sans PPE, and using this technique, have never contracted anything.
            Last edited by wildbears; 07-29-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• 955i
              955i commented
              Editing a comment
              Plus, the way pressurization works on a modern aircraft, generally requires a continual complete pass-through of air on a pretty short period of time,

Originally posted by Lee View Post

My problem, if I know the person, I tend to touch them when talking to them. That's been a hard habit to break.
            In trying to be kind, I'd say that you may fall in between being a toucher, leaning towards groper!
            ain't skeered

Comment

• 955i
              955i commented
              Editing a comment
              Susan, Cathy says you are, indeed, kind.

Originally posted by Susan View Post

In trying to be kind, I'd say that you may fall in between being a toucher, leaning towards groper!

Most of my family and relatives on my mother's side are the same way.
            Debbie grew up in a family where nobody hugged. It took her awhile to get used to my relatives
            Lee
            Iowa
            2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• cabnfvr
              cabnfvr commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have a stopwatch too ??

Common sense, maybe not

https://youtu.be/pZiGJUbxqww
            Last edited by BillGsa; 07-26-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillGsa View Post
              Common sense, maybe not

https://youtu.be/pZiGJUbxqww
              Requires a facebook login
              Lee
              Iowa
              2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Working...
              X