Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevie what happened to the rest of your car

Comment

Nice Billy. Good lines! Were you riding with a coach? I’m planning on doing a track day with the hotrod in October. First time on a track with 4 wheels...hope as much fun as you had!

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
        Nice Billy. Good lines! Were you riding with a coach? I’m planning on doing a track day with the hotrod in October. First time on a track with 4 wheels...hope as much fun as you had!
        Yup same instructor for all 4 sessions, they call it Fridays At The Track.
        Having someone showing you the proper line's is key, he had to keep reminding me to keep my hands at 10 & 2 it's not the way I usually drive.

https://summitpoint-raceway.com/prog...-at-the-track/

Comment

Originally posted by BillGsa View Post

Yup same instructor for all 4 sessions, they call it Fridays At The Track.
          Having someone showing you the proper line's is key, he had to keep reminding me to keep my hands at 10 & 2 it's not the way I usually drive.

https://summitpoint-raceway.com/prog...-at-the-track/
          probably a little more natural for me since the paddles and thumb reminders want your hands at 3-9 and I never drive the car in “auto” anyway.

Comment

Looks like a fun time Bill.

Comment

probably a little more natural for me since the paddles and thumb reminders want your hands at 3-9 and I never drive the car in “auto” anyway.
              With my trans in sport mode the more aggressively you drive the more aggressive the trans shifts. Braking HARD into the tight turns the trans was downshifting exactly when I would have & hold the low gear even though the S turns no reason to use the paddles. My instructor even commented on how well it's set up.

Comment

That certainly is one of the best sleepers cars manufactured.

Comment

With my trans in sport mode the more aggressively you drive the more aggressive the trans shifts. Braking HARD into the tight turns the trans was downshifting exactly when I would have & hold the low gear even though the S turns no reason to use the paddles. My instructor even commented on how well it's set up.
                  Mine similar. Normal, sport, sport plus...shifting faster in each plus increased throttle sensitivity...and lock out of 7th gear in plus. Doubt I could outperform sport plus manually shifting on a track!

Comment

Mine similar. Normal, sport, sport plus...shifting faster in each plus increased throttle sensitivity...and lock out of 7th gear in plus. Doubt I could outperform sport plus manually shifting on a track!
                    My feeble mine was overwhelmed with steering & braking, finding the right line braking and turn in points...glad I didn't have to worry about picking the right gear too.

Comment

• 802Mike
                      802Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey, you didn't pile it into the wall, it's a good day!

My feeble mine was overwhelmed with steering & braking, finding the right line braking and turn in points...glad I didn't have to worry about picking the right gear too.
                    You left foot brake? I can’t get used to that but it’s the “right” way...

Comment

You left foot brake? I can’t get used to that but it’s the “right” way...
                      No way, hard enough with the right

Comment

No way, hard enough with the right
                        Old dogs, new tricks. Huh? Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                          BillGsa while I’d have preferred that you joined us for the VIR trackday, at least this is a start. I’m guessing that you hated it and will never go back :sarc:
                          One of the guys from the SS forum was in the advanced group at VIR last weekend, that's a much faster track then Summit.
                          Here's his video. Give him a couple minutes to warm up the tires

https://youtu.be/5YjOxesroHo
                          Last edited by BillGsa; 08-13-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• 802Mike
                            802Mike commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not bad for a grocery getting, grandkid hauling four door family car.

Smooth! 👍. Is that car heavy?

Comment

Smooth! 👍. Is that car heavy?
                            Just under 4,000 lbs

Comment

Working...
                            X