No announcement yet.

2020 Rocky Mountain Rally - July 13 - 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone find a site showing a Colorado map and the number of recovered Covid 19 cases by county.?
    All the sites I find show the number of positives cases and number of deaths in each county but they do not show how many are recovered.
    The site provided by Iowa shows the recovered cases in each county.
    This would be helpful for deciding which areas to avoid.
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• cabnfvr
      cabnfvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, but this one will show states by 7 day average increasing or decreasing.
      jhu.edu/data/new-cases-50-states

• Lee
      Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have that site but missed that section.
      It's odd that most states do not show the current number of positive case.
      In Iowa there's has been 28,478 positive cases, 704 died and 17,478 recovered, so the current number of positive cases is actually 11,609
      Numbers are not 100% accurate until everyone is tested, which reminds me I should go get tested this week.

I'm bummed I can't get a Susan hug this year
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
      I'm bummed I can't get a Susan hug this year
      We'll both need to Lysol spray ourselves down first, before and after
      ain't skeered

Comment

• cabnfvr
        cabnfvr commented
        Editing a comment
        We had a "friend" give Susan a hug that went over the line a few years back. After she told me about it I devised my plan. The next time I saw him I gave him a hug. A looooong hug, then as we un-embraced I looked into his eyes. It wasn't love, but he got the message. I never said a word. The only other time that I am aware of was when one of Susan's co -workers actually propositioned her. We were friends with her boss so I called him and asked if he would relay a message to the offender from me. Sure, he said, what's the message. This was a few decades ago and I can still quote myself. "If you ever feel the need to f*k with someone just ask me. I'll pay for the room." Must have been something I said. He never asked.

• Susan
        Susan commented
        Editing a comment
        I just noticed that I have seen all three of you in your skivvies. That's so weird.

• justjoe
        justjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in for the Lysol, suds, sweaty hugs from Tim, the kit and kaboodle!!

The New York Times has an interactive map. Shows total and new cases by county. Gunnison hasn't had a new case in a while.

Comment

Here's the map. Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Global Outbreak https://nyti.ms/2t6WE75

Comment

Why is this rally not listed under "Gatherings"?

Comment

• Bmorganjr
            Bmorganjr commented
            Editing a comment
            Undetermined when it will Happen again Bobby

Another reason to not hesitate to come, probably will not happen next yr.

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
          Here's the map. Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Global Outbreak https://nyti.ms/2t6WE75
          Looks like I have to be a paid subscriber.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn. I thought they were letting nonsubscribers see the Covid info.

The New York Times has an interactive map. Shows total and new cases by county. Gunnison hasn't had a new case in a while.
          Most sites show the total and new cases each day but they do not subtract from the total as people recover or die.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• cabnfvr
            cabnfvr commented
            Editing a comment
            This is state, not county, but it's as close as I can find. Open the JHU site, World map, click US on the left side of the screen, then Active cases at the bottom. Zoom in in the US and click a state dot. Information is diaplayed as ..
            North Carolina, US
            Confirmed: 62,676
            Deaths: 1,355
            Recovered: 36,921
            Active: 24,400

One thing that does not come out in the state and county Covid data is the fact that the virus is traveling back and forth over the interstate system. So, the virus can really be anywhere that we ride. I plann to avoid rest stops and restaurants to the extent possible thereby hopefully reducing the risk. For my trip, the Salt Lake City urban area is very large...from Logan all the way down to Provo. The fewer the stops the better.

Comment

This site shows Active cases by counties for some of the states. Colorado does not provide Active numbers but it helps to see the info for other states.
            https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
            Lee
            Iowa
            2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

One thing that does not come out in the state and county Covid data is the fact that the virus is traveling back and forth over the interstate system. .
              That's correct, we're all pretty mobile.
              We plan to take mostly 2 lane roads and avoid counties with high numbers.
              I think Gunnison is the only place we stay that's a popular tourist town.
              Not a perfect plan but every little precaution helps.
              I also went in and got tested today which is pretty easy to do in Iowa.

Lee
              Iowa
              2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Yes, every small precaution is worth the effort.

Comment

I'd rather catch covid from a stranger than catch something from Joe!

Comment

• justjoe
                    justjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll see what I can arrange...

Interesting: Porsche’s annual gathering (Treffen), this year at the Greenbrier, has been cancelled...Covid concerns.

Comment

• Rob
                    Rob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Speaking of treffens, have you heard about the Elefantentreffen? It’s a gathering of motorcyclists, mostly on sidecar rigs, that takes place in the Alps in Winter. “A Gathering of Elephants.”

• Loggiebone
                    Loggiebone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope. Never heard of it but not surprised since I’m not a sidecar guy.😏

• EricM
                    EricM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rob, there is a Quebec chapter, thier first outing is a ride up north of Montreal the weekend after March 13 and the camp in a yurt
                    https://fr-ca.facebook.com/philmammouths/

Praying states don’t start shutting down again,

I have a different reasoning, I’m more worried about economic disease!!!!!

lets go have a good time friends, all will be fine!

see y’all soon

Comment

• Lee
                    Lee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've been checking the Gunnison County site to make sure they don't close the county to visitors again.

• 955i
                    955i commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, I hope they don't close Gunnison. I need to take a good ride.

Put in about 750 miles this last weekend with a great trip to Chase County, Kansas. The Flint "Hills" are an interesting place. Stayed at the Gufler Mansion in Emporia. It's a neat bed and breakfast with personable owner/hosts.
                Working...
                X