No announcement yet.

Blue Ridge Parkway Rally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We head out tomorrow morning bound for the BRP... yippee-ki-yay muthafuckuh!!
    "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

I wish all you BRPRers a great time, have fun and I trust the weather will cooperate.

Comment

So the last day before we head out. Excited!
        So who is all going? Headcount?
        I am. Room 3.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• Capnrip
          Capnrip commented
          Editing a comment
          Will be a good group Mani. Would have to add our friends on the other site to get a good count. Joe and I are in 15 I think. Ken and Eddie next door. Curt's bringing his party squad. Furman, Jimmy Z and George, Tim and Susan, some of the guys from SC, PittsdriverWes, BillGSA, others. Will be a good time.Good mix of old and new.
          Last edited by Capnrip; 05-15-2019, 10:27 AM.

Originally posted by EricM View Post
        I wish all you BRPRers a great time, have fun and I trust the weather will cooperate.
        Yes, everyone have a great Rally.

Sorry to be missing it.

Comment

meh, I read some where that these rally's are quite silly, really...

Like you blokes aren't going to have a good time, Wes, show e'm what we taught you.

Hill Street Blues....."lets be careful out there." fuk'n.

Comment

• Capnrip
            Capnrip commented
            Editing a comment
            A good time will be the order of the day.Wish you could be here for "guidance" Mogs!

I attended my first BRPR at the Peaks of Otter and Brian Smith's house in 2002
          and have made maybe half of them since then.
          There were more people at the early ones but I don't think they were more fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1294.JPG Views:	1 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	5019

Comment

• BillGsa
            BillGsa commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that's me standing by the side door

• 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            Or the other guy that had the Frankenbike.

• BillGsa
            BillGsa commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean Pep, George Pepper?
            I was mistaken for him a few times.

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
          I attended my first BRPR at the Peaks of Otter and Brian Smith's house in 2002....
          That was our first as well. We were going from western NC to a Moto Guzzi open house in Lilington NC.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	rpeXm2eP7K0IV8TteJ_pZ-00e-gr8tARvIo7CxrDe5U-cKCTUOuCFVO3dU5VlP52ocCr3xe3LPXC9d5guM8spt4HYLtWOCUDfMyeNZ3EBImKkCA1cOzE75momTnHFA5z4esdfrgN0sOwJ_n6jgmWu6FeaVnPsP817WyVaeTdAP4VpSlvyzI5ie1Rfnhq4ELRZlDx_x6KV2SlmMLmtUtDvca_5gF7XgalplI3-V-pjjeijIAEI2KBlOOQ5fZuhsy
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	5025

Comment

Their website says rooms have a fridge, but a microwave? I dont remember from prior visits.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
              That was our first as well. We were going from western NC to a Moto Guzzi open house in Lilington NC.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	rpeXm2eP7K0IV8TteJ_pZ-00e-gr8tARvIo7CxrDe5U-cKCTUOuCFVO3dU5VlP52ocCr3xe3LPXC9d5guM8spt4HYLtWOCUDfMyeNZ3EBImKkCA1cOzE75momTnHFA5z4esdfrgN0sOwJ_n6jgmWu6FeaVnPsP817WyVaeTdAP4VpSlvyzI5ie1Rfnhq4ELRZlDx_x6KV2SlmMLmtUtDvca_5gF7XgalplI3-V-pjjeijIAEI2KBlOOQ5fZuhsy
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	5025
              I think this was ‘03 at Staunton. I trailered down and brought Earthman because he’d had an unfortunate incident and couldn’t ride.
              It was pouring rain that night for dinner and there were a lot of no-shows leaving the wizard on the hook for the tab. Everyone there chipped in to help out.
              We offered Susan a dry ride in the truck back to the hotel but she politely declined and rode with you.

Comment

• cabnfvr
                cabnfvr commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking 02 was wrong as well but that's what my photo gallery said. It lied.

Originally posted by aviator View Post
              So the last day before we head out. Excited!
              So who is all going? Headcount?
              I am. Room 3.
              Steve (hunter) was loading his bike in the truck in the rain this AM and headed that way.
              Lee
              Iowa
              2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
                Their website says rooms have a fridge, but a microwave? I dont remember from prior visits.
                They didn't as of last month.
                there's one in the breakfast room though

Comment

As someone already mentioned, the restaurant at the bottom of the hill is really great now. the bar is in full swing and they make great drinks. I forget what they called it but they were making us these vodka drinks with ginger ale and something else. I had bunches and ended up in the hot tub in my underwear................yea, long night and honey badgers don't give a fuck

Comment

You guys are showing your, uh, longevity. I always thought BW’s rallies were the best. You should ride over there and pay him a call. The address is 2760 Hawkins Ridge Rd, Goode, VA.

This post didn’t go where I thought it would, but I’m talking about the early BRPRs at Brian Smith’s House. Brian and Polly are the best.
                    Last edited by Rob; 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM.
                    I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

I’m in room 21and room 24, waiting to hear back from Dale……..21 is a double, 24 is a king…..I need to talk to Dale fist………but I like spoons, what say u joe and Matthew

Comment

• 802Mike
                        802Mike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wrong thtead... this is an old one !

Jonnybow, i’ll bring some dangerous ass tequila you could end up in a fucking hot tub in a thong lol……. make your reservations they are going away quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X