September 5 - 8, 2019 DGR Rally in Maggie Valley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post

We weren't invited but we went. That was right wasn't it?

This was probably the best get together ever!! I'll work on a ride tale in the next day or two. What a GREAT bunch of people.

p.s. Bill, hope you enjoyed the chips.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. Kinda like we’ve known all these folks all our lives...👍

Comment

Greatest event. Greatest rides with no popos, greatest after ride socials and greatest libations and food.
      I am so glad I made it.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DGR 1 2019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	10800
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.

Comment

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          Who's the kid, third one back on the right side?

• Martin_D
          Martin_D commented
          Editing a comment
          The one trying to grow a mustache Mike ?

Name:	IMG_20190907_180414.jpg
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	10803
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20190907_180526.jpg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	10805
          Chattanooga, TN
          Certified Hooligan.

Comment

If you were there you know how much fun it was! We got jiggly...

Absolutely fantastic weather!

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-kM4prCT-XL.jpg Views:	2 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	10817

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-QjBNWvw-XL.jpg Views:	2 Size:	275.8 KB ID:	10818

John O is on his back just to the left of the bikes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-Q5NM4r8-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	10812

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-hJKpT7X-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	198.0 KB ID:	10813

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-fQn2KMB-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	10814

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-3XP9Wz9-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	159.4 KB ID:	10815

Group W Bench.

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-c2nNQXH-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	256.2 KB ID:	10819

The nice lady who runs the place came over to visit us one evening. Don't ask me what Joe is doing?

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-4S42grs-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	10816

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-R4SqD26-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	10820

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-6nwJxk2-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	10821

Jerry (Danger is his middle name) The Pirate on his beautiful white steed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-FT2FGtN-XL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	10822
            Attached Files
            Last edited by justjoe; 09-09-2019, 07:33 PM.
            2018 BMW S1000R
            2000 BMW K1200 RS
            2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
            Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

• Lee
              Lee commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the pictures Pete.

Nices pics you all , keep them coming !

Comment

They were good on the ride home

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post

Name:	i-4S42grs-XL.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	10816
                I'm guessing he was getting ready to ask the nice lady, "would you smell my finger"?

Anyway, great pics Pete & it looks like everybody had a good time & the weather cooperated. I wish I could've made it over... LOTS of familiar faces. Definitely going to try & make it next year.

What about kenthemutherfuckingrass? Was he MIA???

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
                  Pete_Tallahassee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ken is wearing the yellow hat on the right in the group parking lot pic.

• McFly
                  McFly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, I see him now...

Originally posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post

The nice lady who runs the place came over to visit us one evening. Don't ask me what Joe is doing?

Name:	i-4S42grs-XL.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	10816
                I was negotiating. Just like Han Solo, I always negotiate with a gun in hand and a finger on the bang switch.

Comment

I only took 2, but I figure that there will be a few that are eager to help me out...

Matt
                  Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                  Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                  Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                  IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

I've been going to these gatherings for 19+ years now. One would think I'd be tired of seeing the same old (and getting exponentially older) faces, but that's not the case. In fact it's the opposite... While I didn't get to actually ride with the group of misfits this year due to my workload, Saturday night I sure did enjoy seeing everybody again. .. And I honestly mean everybody. Usually that's NOT the case. Perhaps I'm mellowing a bit in my 60s. Could be the onset of dementia. Perhaps I just like to see anyone my age still alive.. Perhaps it's something more.

Has anyone else noticed that the conversations after all these years seemed to have shifted? Rather than non-stop bench racing .. it seems to be more about families, life, health, etc with motorcycle-speak only peripherally. Or could it be that our group had always talked about those things, but I tuned it out? Who knows.. Just an observation. I especially appreciate those who commented on how silver my hair has become over the last couple of years. Observant bastages. Living with Amber has done that to me. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. She had to work Sat night, but I sent her all the well wishes from everybody.

I'd like to also give a public thank you to Mani Ravee.. (pic below.) I know I wasn't the only one surprised Saturday night after dinner when the waiter told us that "somebody" had clandestinely paid the restaurant tab for every rally attendee. Geezus H. There were a lot of people there and the place was not cheap.. I heard afterwards that it might be Mani so when we got back to the motel I asked him. At first he denied it and then eventually admitted it.. He simply said.."I just wanted to give something back to the group." Modest and generous. I submit to you... with attributes like that.. I think he's over-qualified for our group. Again.. "thank you" Mani for the great meal, the use of your room for changing, and your friendship. I'll not soon forget. Very classy move.

I suppose justjoe also deserves a pat on his back for setting it all up once again. More goes into these events behind the scenes than most realize. He seemed to handle the task with effortless aplomb, although.. he was drinking like a Russian sailor.. Cause and effect? Probably.. To all my friends... it really was a pleasure.. Hope to see you all next year. Every one of you..

Comment

• Susan
                      Susan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jerry, what can we say. You are a legend and I am proud to know you. You totally rock, sir. This group of refined hooligans, each and every one, is an important part of my life. The kindness and support that is and has been shown to one another during the bad times, and coming together to celebrate the good is something truly wonderful. We really are like a family.

Jerry, it was nice to have you over, even if only for an evening. Like Doug and more importantly his wife MA, and Jim (DYL) and Ken.
                    Its all about friendship, sharing and of course, fellowship.
                    It was a fantastic turnout and a real show of force for Joe.
                    Epic rides and tales happened, and as you know, if it happened in Happy Valley, it stays in Maggie Valley.
                    Lets do it again next year.
                    Last edited by aviator; 09-09-2019, 09:06 PM.
                    Chattanooga, TN
                    Certified Hooligan.

Comment

As I had mentioned to many there, I had to hurry back home on Sunday to take this lil boy up for his first airplane ride, on his 8th birthday. A total surprise for the boy, arranged by his Dad, Maj. Brian Lixey, a dentist in the Army with me.
                      We got an intro to flying walking around the airplane, then in the air we did some gentle turns, climbs and descents, and I let him take control and "fly" the airplane. A Young Eagles flight.
                      It was a blast for him. His Dad took a pic before we got up. This is right outside my hangar when we pulled the plane out. He could not stop giving me hugs. Click image for larger version  Name:	-1017812885649319150.jpg Views:	1 Size:	210.5 KB ID:	10874
                      Last edited by aviator; 09-09-2019, 10:17 PM.
                      Chattanooga, TN
                      Certified Hooligan.

Comment

• Susan
                        Susan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are awesome, Mani! That little boy will never forget his first airplane ride experience, or you, for making it happen.

Maggie Valley was my first ....rally? Charlie dragged me along so blame him. He suggested I not ride the brahma bull so I brought the RT. I had lurked in the i bmw site in past ages so some thought I might also be a lurker, like Charlie. A more astute person noticed that I was BAD. I had to confess, and so I am BadBob by popular acclaim.

Seriously, this is a great group of people. I appreciate the friendship extended by everyone I met. I enjoyed myself immensely and I am looking forward to the next gathering. I am even looking to add a k1300s to my stable at the recommendation of many. Hopefully, the brahma bull will not be too pissed.

Comment

• Susan
                        Susan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome BadBob, to the looney bin! :-) It was so good to meet you and have you as a part of the collective! They are a fab bunch of hooligans, aren't they? AHR is next month and is always a good time. Hope to see you there!

• LurkingCharlie
                        LurkingCharlie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Excellent!!!!
                    Working...
                    X